SUD money cache

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.

Attachments

• Another SUD.jpg
    Another SUD.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,593
  • SUD back.jpg
    SUD back.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,586
  • SUD cache.jpg
    SUD cache.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,608
Upvote 0

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Richard, Nice cache find! What exactly does sud stand for? Enjoyed reading your treasure stories over the years. Glad to see your still at it....

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
SUD is the Spanish word for "south" which is where the revolution started (in Oaxaca) under General Morelos. The bow and arrow was his symbol. They were to be exchanged at the end of the war for silver, they're old but not worth much.. Sorry, I should have included this info, I forget that not everyone speaks Spanish, or knows Mexican history, thanks for pointing this out... And double thanks, for being a loyal reader, after all I've been out of the game for a long, long time, it's good to know that some still remember.. Other avocations often make you take a different direction in life....
Richard

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there was ten others that found this :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Crusader:
On government sponsored project, they get 90%, unless the find is of significant historical importance, then they get 100%...
Richard

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard Ray said:
Crusader:
On government sponsored project, they get 90%, unless the find is of significant historical importance, then they get 100%...
Richard

Wow, that does not encourage responsible reporting, glad you had the morals :hello2:

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
Richard Ray said:
Crusader:
Richard

Wow, that does not encourage responsible reporting, glad you had the morals :hello2:
[
Difficult to not have morals when a goverment agent is looking over your shoulder.. LOL Like on my Cocos island expedition, there was a Costa Rican government representive with us for the entire 3 week trip, so we had to invent ways to keep him occupied. LOL I even built a machine that I called a "Do Nothing" because that's what it did. I'd make a show of setting it out and taking "readings" every day and solar readings, entering the readings in a spiral book. Curiosity made him focus all his attention on me and allowed the rest of the group to treasure hunt and explore in peace. Oh, I had to pay his wages the entire time...
Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread