My first GOLD coin

SuperSnoopy36

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2011
Hi all

I found this coin in the first week of April - an 1857 Gold Half Sovereign. It was found using my Minelab Sovereign GT! How cool is that!

Australia's first ever coins were minted in 1855 so this one's only a couple of years from that. In Uncirculated condition this coin would be worth $30,000!!! BUT this one's much much less probably around AU$400. Never gonna sell it though.

Awesome feeling diggin this up at the beach. Here's a video of me finding it (and doing the happy dance :hello2: )

Cheers
Snoopy

Attachments

• silver and gold.jpg
    silver and gold.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 3,013
  • sov2.jpg
    sov2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 3,019
  • Sov rev.jpg
    Sov rev.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 3,013
  • Sov obv.jpg
    Sov obv.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3,008
Upvote 0

biggstile

Mar 4, 2011
Burnsville, MN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Whites Buillseye II Pinpointer
This was the coolest video I've ever seen of metal detecting -- thanks for the inspiration.
First, you pick the spots so well, and remove others trash, then, with Karma, or God, or luck, the lifetime find.
I am here in Minnesota, with history/location opportunities nothing like what you've found, so this is bitter-sweet to watch.
You should be nominated for having the best contribution to this website for a "Green/New" member, like I am, also.
This site is great, with veterans and fresh members to learn and grow together with. :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions