Most beautiful coin I ever found

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.
In October of 2003, I was detecting in a big park in Sao Paulo, Brazil and found it near a big tree. Yes I know it was most likely recovered from a wreck north of Scotland but somehow it ended up in that far away country. I think it is one of the most beautiful coins ever, close second is the back of the Maria Theresa Thaler, of which I recovered a small cache of them, part of a survivalist cache....
Richard Ray

Attachments

• Ducketoon 4.jpg
    Ducketoon 4.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Ducketoon 5.jpg
    Ducketoon 5.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,401
Upvote 0

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B E A U T I F U L!!!

Just a wonderful find! Congrats! :headbang: :notworthy: :headbang:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard Ray said:
In October of 2003, I was detecting in a big park in Sao Paulo, Brazil and found it near a big tree. Yes I know it was most likely recovered from a wreck north of Scotland but somehow it ended up in that far away country. I think it is one of the most beautiful coins ever, close second is the back of the Maria Theresa Thaler, of which I recovered a small cache of them, part of a survivalist cache....
Richard Ray

Why?

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
Richard Ray said:
Richard Ray

Why?
CRUSADER said:
Richard Ray said:
Why do I think it was recovered from a wreck off Scotland, is that the WHY? Because the entire mintage went down on a single ship.. At least that's what is printed in a lot of places...
Richard Ray
Richard Ray

Why?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard Ray said:
CRUSADER said:
Richard Ray said:
Richard Ray

Why?
CRUSADER said:
Richard Ray said:
Why do I think it was recovered from a wreck off Scotland, is that the WHY? Because the entire mintage went down on a single ship.. At least that's what is printed in a lot of places...
Richard Ray
Richard Ray

Why?

Tell me more? They were trading/exporting the entire mintage of silver coins (of this type) for that year :icon_scratch: (small mintage or large boat)

Might be true, I have no knowledge, but doesn't sound very logical.

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
Richard Ray said:
CRUSADER said:
Richard Ray said:
Richard Ray

Why?I suggest you Google it or another web search, the entire story is there... It's difficult enough for me to write a short post in my condition.
Richard Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread