Have you ever seen this button?

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 419
Upvote 0

PeninsulaPaul

Greenie
Apr 17, 2010
I know little to nothing about these buttons but are those seven stars in the middle? Would that have significance? Also are those letters between each group of cannonballs?

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
PeninsulaPaul said:
I know little to nothing about these buttons but are those seven stars in the middle? Would that have significance? Also are those letters between each group of cannonballs?
I know that the American troops stayed at this location and the land owners father was in the revolutionary war, just maybe the button is from that time period.

usaranger

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2007
Surfside SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 5 different models.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if it could be connected to the fire service. The center has a pattern resembling a circle of bugle horns that have worn away. Very interesting find! Good luck with ID.
HH
usaranger

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
usaranger said:
Just wondering if it could be connected to the fire service. The center has a pattern resembling a circle of bugle horns that have worn away. Very interesting find! Good luck with ID.
HH
usaranger
I sent Mark Parker a picture, maybe he can tells use what it is. Mark has responded with saying he has never seen an identical button before, he says it is probably a civilian hand decorated copper button dating the late 1700s, early 1800s, they are referred as "dandy" buttons because the buttons were wore by elegantly attired 18th century gentlemen or dandies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions