RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought I would post the colonial coins that I have found this year.

The first is a 1773 Half Reale that I found back in February. That day I also dug a tombac button with the letters CC carved into it and my first hem weight.

Next is a dateless KGI Halfpenny, found in June. It was found in a field, sitting right on top. Now I had SEEN this before I got it with the detector! Stupid me forgot that I had the camera with me and I plucked it up. :BangHead: But I had to be happy since it was now my oldest coin.

That reigned as my oldest coin for a week. The next Saturday, I was at a dirt dumping site from a historic town (mid 1600's), and I was with my cousin Bob, who took me there. We were on the piles and I was scaling the side of one of them while swinging, and I get a signal. So I look over, and had Deja Vu; another copper coin sitting right on top! But this time, it is a 1697 Charles III Halfpenny!!!
I BROKE INTO THE 1600'S!!! Needless to say, I was happy.

So there are my colonial coins of 2011! Now For Pics! (Also, I fell lucky to have these, since before February, my oldest coin was an 1883 V Nickle.) **I will have pictures of the Half Reale up soon**

***PS I have the two coppers sitting in olive oil. Since there pictures were taken, alot more detail is visible. Will upload at a later time.***

Attachments

• 133.JPG
    133.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 513
  • 134.JPG
    134.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 520
  • 128.JPG
    128.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 524
  • 133.JPG
    133.JPG