"Bicycle Chain" Appraisal...$30,000

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
"Bicycle Chain" Appraisal...$30,000

"One Marked 14K yellow gent's custom make chain 31" long, solid fancy link set with diamonds with a fancy lobster clasp. Condition: used. Containing: 120 barrel set round brilliant diamonds gauging 2.60 x 2.45 x 1.57 mm (depth est.) approximate total weight 120 x 0.060 = 7.20 ct."
Clarity; s1 to 1
Colour: G1
Cut: Medium - Class 2
Total Weight of Diamonds: 7.20 ct.
Total Weight of Chain: 158 gr.
Estimated Replacement Value $ 30,000 CDN

Ya, we take 'em....
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Attachments

• chain 002X.jpg
    chain 002X.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 4,588
Upvote 0

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Re: "Bicycle Chain" Appraisal...$30,000

Awesome chain! Just saw this for the first time, really glad you posted it with the appraisal so those of us who haven't been on t-net very long can see it now. I love the pic with your diamond & gold chain surrounding your other beautiful finds. And golly gee, I think the small name bracelet may have my name on it (Andrea) but if so, I can't honestly say I lost that, hee-he. Thanks for sharing all this with us. Is it too late for us to recommend the awesome chain for the Banner? Andi

fourleaf

Oct 19, 2007
Creedmoor, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II / Vibra p. 570

Really nice finds. That chain should buy one heck of a detector. Could you imagine wearing that bad boy around and then losing it. I think if i wasn't a detectorist i would be as soon as i lost that hunk of moola! Again thanks for the info and good hunting!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When you posted it here, you never mentioned that you found it. (That's a pretty expensive "chain" to be found anyplace.)
Well, the questions were asked, you answered them, plus (with the pic of a few of your other finds), so now it is HIGH FIVE TIME!!! Undoubtedly you are doing many things right.
NOW......I hope that you locate it's sister......or, if you are hunting beaches that have seen wrecks near them, then I hope
that some gold washes up under your detector. Keep posting......you give all of us something to aim for....and hope for.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excuse me while I Pick Up ----

my jaw. It just dropped. !!!!! Awesome find. PEACE:RONB

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

nice chain :thumbsup:

Whitebeard

Nov 20, 2011
Higher-North-Shore Qc.
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cjc said:
hammered said:
cjc said:
Breezie said:
Did you dig this? Breezie
I wish everyone would stop asking me that! I've only got 11 detectors. There's lots of ways I would come up with a chain like that.
cjc

Now that's boasting :laughing7:, I've only got 2, detectors that is :wink:

hammered
Holy crow! I'm not boasting--just trying to indicate that I live and breathe detectors. Besides, having eleven of them just means that you spend a lot of time at the post office. Ya, I found it, going right in behind pros who work the same section every day. I did post the "story" and thought THAT would be the mark of a blowhard--to go over it again. I'll say this: It came from in a lot of iron working with a DF--basically by way of tuning, listening and coil control. I credit a few things I learnt from Craig PI, Mike Robinson / Jim Pugh and a few others about how to use a PI --a lot of practice, and a lot of digs. These are the basics that I try to teach in my books--if you do things properly for long enough in the right place... The site it came from has very complex patterns with the classifiction of targets and the way sand is exchanged. I like where it gets more solid as the draw starts--not the mush at the bottom. I look for scalloping in this first part of the incline--stuff coming out of the hill. Got a tiny signal, compared it to my tester (6 gram) sounded about the same, dug and thought: look at this ugly stainless chunk of crap! It sounded "clatterey" like the fake silver they sell on the beach in Cancun (not from there). Anyhow got it home and it scratched 14K and I decided to keep it. It had been down long enough for the spring to rust out.
...did I find it...yer hurtin' my feelings...
Picture shows a few more of my finds for that year.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Don't worry about it cjc, I have posted a 17th century French Sword "gold on iron" and a 17th century Raven Lamp "Could you turn on the light please" all in "my best finds" and after about three weeks and many hundreds of downloads I have had only a few comments, either people are not interested or they are posted in a semi- closed circuit, they are finds of great historic value but maybe having no stars on our flag keeps some people from responding, I am a bit disapointed since I wanted to share my finds with TH fans, so maybe I'm just to proud about them or people think they are fakes. You have so far 4274 views with only 28 replies and some of the replies are from the same persons. ?????

Anyways congrats on your finds you are one lucky guy, don't spend it all in the same place...lol. :icon_thumright:

BigBeefy

Jan 19, 2010
Knoxvegas, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is really cool.
Oh, by the way, it's mine. I'll need to take that back, K, thanks, bye.

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Great find, I remember when you posted that one some time ago...Had it for my screen saver, till that Gary guy's emerald ring came along....

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why include the nickel in the picture?

NHDUG

Nov 24, 2008
Mid southern NH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS,Minelab Excaliber 800, Ace 250, Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one of your books Clive, on the Minelab Excaliber. Very nice find!!! Cheers! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread