JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey Everyone,

I'm back from my trip. Man 10 days away from the forum was a long time.

I had my ups and downs through out the trip. Everything was going great almost.

Friday my son got shots in the day. That night right before we were about to leave he starts throwing up in my house. Not to gross you out.

Just telling it the way it was. I also had to rush out to the car rental place. They were open till 1 am and I got there at 12:30. It was at the airport also.

Finally the car was packed and we headed out of the burgh. Things were going great until about 5:00 a.m when I got my first speeding ticket.

It was in Virginia. Man there brutal down there. 93 in a 65 and the officer wouldn't cut me any slack.

I'm a negative type of thinker so in my head the trip was ruined already.

I bounced back and let it go. Figured I'd deal with it when I got home.

We finally get there the next day. Me and my brother were excited to start hunting. It was his first trip to the ocean ever.

It was a nice really clean private beach. A little to clean. Hits were far few and in between.

There was alot of interference around the area. Once I played with my unit and got it right were I wanted it was fine.

The competition was brutal. 10 hunters a day on the beach. But not to be mean I saw alot of bad detecting habits in every one of them.

Before I knew it I was Bsing more than I was hunting. I actually was teaching guys how to hunt.

I knew everyone after just a few days. Met alot of nice people from my area in P.a here.

After about 3 mourning's with just some clad a few relics and a couple fake rings I hit the good one.

It just washed in early mourning on the tide line. Got a solid foil hit and dug a really awesome saphire and diamond ring. It has 18 diamonds in it.

The stone in the center has to be about a 3/4th carat. It looks to be genuine and not synthetic. It's also set in 14kt.

I was really happy with it. And it helped forget about the ugly ticket at home waiting for me.

My brother did well but was disappointed that he didn't get any gold.

One evening before dinner we decided to go back out for a 1.5 hr hunt.

I get out there and within 5 minutes dug a womens watch over 12 inches deep. I was getting some serious depth.

I then got caught up talking with people for the whole hunt. I dug maybe 5 holes total.

The guy I was talking with said you better find a few more rings to pay that ticket off.

Not 10 minutes later on our way back to the condo I dig the large 10kt white gold ring. It has 6 diamonds in it and a giant over a carat pink stone in it.

My brother was really hating me then. I don't know I just have that luck I guess.

I also found a really old silver ring. I couldn't get the right pic for you all on it. It was heavily tarnished and looked to be the style of rings I have found that are around a 100 yrs old.

I got more pics of when the stuff came out of the holes on the beach. I need to get the film developed. I will update this post later in the week.

I also found the smallest silver and CZ charm I ever saw. I can't explain everything so just feal free to ask me.

Glad I am back. I'll miss it but I'll get back down there. I could make some really great finds if I was close to a beach.

Hope you all like the pics and story. I'll have more later in the week for you all.

Glad to be back on the forum

HH Jer

Attachments

• 2 Great rings.jpg
    2 Great rings.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 3,748
  • Sc clad.jpg
    Sc clad.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,736
  • sc relics.jpg
    sc relics.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3,710
  • Bunch of stakes.jpg
    Bunch of stakes.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3,744
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice rings you have found there..... Umm speeding in South Africa will definately get you caught, they have radars and cameras all over the place.

God bless
Peter

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
8) Jeremy: Real Nice Finds! Those Ring Pics are Great! You must have that Camera down to a science! Keep it up!

Sorry about your Ticket, but all the Cops I know give the full boat if they see a Radar Detector! Otherwise 5 Over w/ a good record & attitude!

Joe

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice trip Jer! Any idea what those little pie shaped disks are? I found one the same day I found a filligree silver ring in a schoolyard. Seems to be semi-precious metal with swirl shaped design on surface. The one I found didn't have a number on it however. Monty

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot everyone.

I got the ticket Saturday and almost fell over of a heart attack. I have a clean drivers record.

This was my first ticket ever. It was 836.00 dollars. I'll never go through Va again.

I have to still call them tommorow mourning and get a full explanation is to why it is so high. It didn't say I got points but I have no idea how out of state tickets work.

That price is astronomical. I'd a rather went to jail than pay them that much.

Monty, I'm not sure what item your talking about. Give me a general idea in the photo as to where it may be.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot for the info.

I guess the best thing to do is pay it off learn my lesson. I just didn't want to get any points. That's a good thing to know. Maybe I can get it reduced down some but man there tight it seems.

I got no break at all. He did write it up as reckless driving. It was late at night I hadn't seen a car in hrs either. I was just cruising the highways like I was a truck driver.

I'll get through it. Maybe I needed one to wake me up about my high way driving. Not that it means anything at this point. But I'm a great driver and I have been handling V8 cars since I was 13. I'd love to be a guy who test vehicles for a living.

Something about speed and fast cars that does it for me. I have a real passion for cars. You guys should see how well I take car of my car.

To boot it was my first rental car. It was a 2006 chevy impala. It had 211 HP. My first impressions were it was a pretty well built car. Had good get up. Got great gas mileage and the handling was strong.

Not as powerful as my 97 aurora but a nice car. Would make a good family vehicle.

HH Jer

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Second picture below the pink paperclip and left of the watch. The one I found that looks similar is with this ring.

Attachments

• Filagree Silver Ring.JPG
    Filagree Silver Ring.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 2,324
  • Filagree Silver Ring.JPG
    Filagree Silver Ring.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 2,305
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks again guys.

The info on the ticket is really helpful. Yeah tell me about it 836.00 I got 2 younge kids to feed.

No my driving was perfect no lie. Never left the lane. I was only going 65 70 tops when going by him. I spotted him a good half mile away and I started to just easily slow down.

Didn't even half to slam on the brakes to slow down. And also it was a down grade. I instantly pulled over with a turn signal. I was respectful and gave him no story line.

He said he had me on laser not radar and had me clocked like a half mile away from at the bottom part of the hill while I was coming down.

I asked at the end if he had any idea how much the ticket might be and he said well we got a new judge and if he's anything like the old judge it will be about 500.00. Then he said have a nice trip.

Followed me for awhile. I did the limit and was perfectly fine. I figured he could have atleast told the judge I was cooperative.

Monty, The picture is deceiving. It's not the same thing. I'm not even sure what it may be. However the item you have is oftly unique. It's not something I've ever seen before.

Is it some kind of crazy ring.

Thanks again guys,

HH Jer

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Oh,

Monty, Sorry it just came to me. Those are fishing weights for the ocean. There large and are triangular and really thick and heavy. I guess from the pic they look more flat like yours. They have a loop at the end to go on a steel line I think. Or a strong line.

Sorry to. I didn't know the ring was for reference. It looked attached. It's 1:30 a.m here. I must be getting tiered.

They have numbers I guess to indicate there size or weight. Every mourning I'd see guys fishing right where I would find them. But I also found them when they weren't around.

I would think they aren't that cheap either. I was gonna give them to one of the guys. But never saw them at the right time.

The thing you have may be the end of a coat zipper or a possible fishing weight itself.

HH Jer

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Your right Mr O.

It's a ring with something placed right near it. It was late at night and I at first thought the same thing. That's a nice ring to Monty.

Well yesterday I took care of the ticket. I called them and they wouldn't budge a penny on the fine. They said I should have showed up.

They didn't want to hear that there officer told me 500.00 tops. They gave me a yr and a half to pay it off. That was the only good thing. I got no points for it either. It would have been 5 I think.

I also was reading that if you do a no show for court they triple your fines in Virginia. I believe it now. They also charged me 10.00 more for a fee agreement to make the payment at some point.

A total of 846.00 for a ticket. I told them it was ridiculous and they'll never get me again. That's my one and only for the rest of my driving days. There crooks down there.

I know I was breaking the law. But 846.00 come on. The judge probably got a Ferrari.

HH Jer

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks again guys.

Yeah your right. Atleast I got the payment option from them. They knew I think points didn't carry over to pa. So they hit me hard in the pocket.

I still have know idea why it was reckless. I guess at those speeds they consider it that. I drove perfectly never braked crazy and signaled.

Maybe he just was jealous of my driving. I doubt that but still. It was my fault and it was a learning experience.

HH Jer

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I was going to say forget it myself. But I wasn't really sure of my rights and what may happen to me.

I researched but man they make it tough. Hard to understand the laws when you don't know them.

I was wondering about warrants and things like that. I figured the same thing. I'm never going back to Va.

Oh well I have a yr and a half to sit on it.

HH Jer

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:o JER: $836That's Legal Extortion! That's the problem w/ Law Enforcement Today! They've turned it into a Cash Cow! It's either

Exorbitant Fines, Excuses to Impound your Property, or the "Cowboy" Attitudes of these People!

Awesome Rings tho!!!! 8)

Joe

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Jer, Don't know how I missed this post,but I did!! :(
93-???? I don't think My pick-up can go that fast!!!
Thats too bad about the ticket , but hey-- those are some
excellant finds!!
Looks like a really good time-- If ya want Jewelry looks like
the beach is the place!!! ;D ;D
Congrats & HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Jer, that triangle thingy isn't part of the ring. I used it to hold the ring upright so I could photograph it. I think it's brass and probably broke off of something else, no telling what the heck it is. Since it resembles a couple of the things you found I just thought you might know what it was? Thanks just the same. Since I use to be a cop I won't comment on the ticket except to tell you that in OK you would have had a trip to the hoosgal and your car towed. Anything over 20 mph over the speed limit is considered reckless driving.That sounds like a steep fine but if arrested it would finally amount to a couple of thousand $$$ before it's all over with plus suspended DL for a year! And most of the states now hkave a reciprical agreement, so if you didn't take care of the ticket they could pull your D.L., hijack your Income tax return or other low down means of collecting, not to mention issueing a bench warrant for your arrest. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but on the other hand, I have pulled too many people out of wrecks, dead or mangled beyond recognition and some of them still give me nightmares. Auto wreck victims are twice as bad to see as someone who has been shot. It would grieve me to no end to know something like that had happened to you or your family. I'll shut up now and get off my soap box, you've probably heard it all before. Monty

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
those are some very nice rings you found great job,

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot everyone.

Monty, I am going to pay the ticket and learn from my mistakes. I already signed and faxed it back to them agreeing I would pay it in full within the next yr or so.

I don't need anything coming back on me. I'm still mad about the price though. But luckily I didn't get any points. It may also take my insurance co a long time to spot it. It was out of state and a rental car.

I don't need my premiums going up any higher on top of it. If I decide to go back down there next summer I'm gonna be set on cruise.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread