Native American pipe

moah4me

Aug 24, 2011
caledonia new york
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
This is by far one of my best Native American finds. It came out of a plowed field that I was looking for arrowheads in. I have found many pieces to pipes but never even dreamed of finding a whole one. It is a little on the small side and has one chip on the rim to the bowl. However for a surfice find ( I never dig I think that is unethical ) in my belief it is absolutely gorgeous!!

Thanks for looking
Moah

Attachments

• pipe1.jpg
    pipe1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,009
  • pipe2.jpg
    pipe2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,002
  • pipe3.jpg
    pipe3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 975
  • pipe4.jpg
    pipe4.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 975
  • pipe5.jpg
    pipe5.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 965
Upvote 0

gordygroover

Sep 2, 2011
wonderful surface find.
Makes you wonder how they drilled out the stem... Thanks for saving it from the destruction of the plow blade.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My Mamaw smoked a clay pipe her whole life she was 98 when she passed, those pipes were getting very hard to find many years ago. She would drop them and they would break easy, anyway someone wondered how they bored the whole out of the stem... Well, when I was a kid she would have me gather green cane poles and she would size them and put them up to dry out, then almost anything, like straw, or more modern, pipe cleaners would push the dried pulp out very easily!! She would whiddle the end down to fit and use cotton to secure the fit! She was wonderful, Probably the best human being I have ever known... I just had to through that in....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread