Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Competition on, Patch! :laughing9: You almost owned me on that one. :laughing7: I guess you were not good enough to show a GW. ;D ;D ;D

Kirk :coffee2:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Competition on, Patch! :laughing9: You almost owned me on that one. :laughing7: I guess you were not good enough to show a GW. ;D ;D ;D

I have found things MUCH MUCH rarer than your GW coin. ;D

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Like that 1795 cent? Or is it a half-cent? Can you show the other side, too? (drooling). . .

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale said:
Like that 1795 cent? Or is it a half-cent? Can you show the other side, too? (drooling). . .

Not sure if that would be rarer, but yes, it is 1795 lg cent. There's not much to see on the other side. It too is nice and clear from the crud, but not a whole lot of detail... must have been a pretty weak strike. This is the only one I know of to be found around here so I was happy to cross it off the list.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I have GOT to go hunting in your area! That looks like a 1787 coin as well, but can't place the type.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale said:
I have GOT to go hunting in your area! That looks like a 1787 coin as well, but can't place the type.

yes 1787, Connecticut copper.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey IP what is the date on that buckle in your opinion...

Blaze

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyblaze said:
Hey IP what is the date on that buckle in your opinion...

Blaze

French, in the range of 1720-1750.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:

That crusty CT don't count. ;D And that cereal box gilted button don't count either. ;D

Kirk

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:

That crusty CT don't count. ;D And that cereal box gilted button don't count either. ;D

Kirk

Then what does that make your CT? Cuz mine is better! :headbang: ;D

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice quality finds IP! :thumbsup:

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALL beautiful finds!! want a chance to pull one of those KAR buttons this fall!! you the man :headbang:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Just checked with Photograde, and the obverse of your 1795 cent looks to be XF, based only on the obverse. Then checked PCGS and just about swallowed my mouse!

I guess I'm gonna have to nominate for banner. Cause even forgetting the buckle, Spanish silver (1733!), and other great artifacts, those pennies are just OUTSTANDING!

Please show us a photo of the reverse of the 1795 though. Some will understand weak strikes, some won't. Maybe it's time to illustrate the point.

Have you considered having it authenticated, IP?

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Iron bros have some impressive digs 8) :o :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: but Patch when are you getting out for more ??? I want to see more 2011 finds ... things are very quiet up there in Dirtyville :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Hmmm perhaps the Iron Bros are gonna hit us with some killer finds when we least expect it :laughing7: anyhow Thanks for sharing , some of the nicest finds I ever had the pleasure of gawking at :) dawg

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CMDiamonddawg said:
The Iron bros have some impressive digs 8) :o :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: but Patch when are you getting out for more ??? I want to see more 2011 finds ... things are very quiet up there in Dirtyville :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Hmmm perhaps the Iron Bros are gonna hit us with some killer finds when we least expect it :laughing7: anyhow Thanks for sharing , some of the nicest finds I ever had the pleasure of gawking at :) dawg

Just one of those years. The two of us kept pretty busy with other things, and then the Summer is a no go when you hunt farm fields. Ironhorse was by last week and said he was charged up and ready to hunt soon. But just the way it has been we really don't have any research done, or ideas for sites, so I guess we'll see. Fall is definitely the best time so we still have a chance to make 2011 a good detecting year, but that will mostly count on IH because at this point I'm not near as hungry as I normally would be.... and you have to put in the effort to find good sites as it's getting harder and harder to just jump on a field and find a place. All that said there's tons of fields left and it only takes one little piece of metal to make it all worth while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread