Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This site was a blast to hunt. There were not a ton of targets, but they were all Colonial. It was the site of a crude log cabin and probably only lasted a few years.

Every positive signal turned out to be an early artifact. I found two coppers and a handful of other early buttons, including a possible Rev. war pewter and a Blowhole button. The one copper is a definite King George II. The other one appears to be a King George I.

Keep the passion high!

Kirk :hello:

Attachments

• Colonial Site 004.JPG
    Colonial Site 004.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 648
  • Colonial Site 005.JPG
    Colonial Site 005.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 647
  • Colonial Site 006.JPG
    Colonial Site 006.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 658
  • Colonial Site 008.JPG
    Colonial Site 008.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 656
  • Colonial Site 012.JPG
    Colonial Site 012.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 659
  • Colonial Site 015.JPG
    Colonial Site 015.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 657
  • Test 105.JPG
    Test 105.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 652
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk , Your in some old dirt when there is nothin' but 200 + year old colonial cabin type goodies and No modern junk . I find those shield tack adornments too . Kool hunt when you dig nothin' but KG coins , buttons and all the stuff that gets ya fired up :laughing7: I am shocked of the low number of replies on these threads ... this ain't right :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :dontknow: ??? anyho , gonna dig some killer Colonials this Fall . May even be our turn for a rare find or perhaps a few of them . Nice hunt and keep diggin' deep in that area :icon_sunny: 8) 8) dawg

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to hunt there and dig all the good stuff you missed. ;D

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CMDiamonddawg said:
Kirk , Your in some old dirt when there is nothin' but 200 + year old colonial cabin type goodies and No modern junk . I find those shield tack adornments too . Kool hunt when you dig nothin' but KG coins , buttons and all the stuff that gets ya fired up :laughing7: I am shocked of the low number of replies on these threads ... this ain't right :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :dontknow: ??? anyho , gonna dig some killer Colonials this Fall . May even be our turn for a rare find or perhaps a few of them . Nice hunt and keep diggin' deep in that area :icon_sunny: 8) 8) dawg

Thanks, Dawg, it sure was a fun site to hunt. Kyle and Chris originally found the site in November. On the first hunt they got 7 tombacs and a Blowhole button. Chris also got a Colonial copper at this site. I watched him dig it. ;D There was just a little bit of iron in the ground. If we had walked through the area quickly, the site would have been missed. It was that small.

Good luck this Fall, Diggity Dawg! :headbang: :hello2:

Kirk :hello:

Iron Patch said:
I'd like to hunt there and dig all the good stuff you missed. ;D

Iron Patch, you would definitely miss the Iron Patch. ;D It was that small. ;D

Kirk ;D

Coilcrazy2

Nov 9, 2010
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
Really sweet finds! Thats the kind of detecting I really like. That shield thing is a a colonial saddle shield. It was pinned on to the side of the saddle for some reason or another. Some really good finds there!

Whitebeard

Nov 20, 2011
Higher-North-Shore Qc.
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! I love to hunt old building sites also, have found a few things in old log cabins sites alongside rivers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread