Old coins

eric n n.c.

Nov 25, 2008
NorthEast, N.C
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 Limited, Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found these while searching for a Camp of Instruction in Va. The coin on the right is a 1727 Portuguese, The one on the top left is a 1825 quarter and on the bottom left is a 1805 Spanish Reale. I found the Reale about 7in. down and it gave a really loud signal, I stood up to cover the hole and decided to sweep it again and found the Quarter in the same hole to my suprise.

Attachments

• DSCN1877 (2).jpg
    DSCN1877 (2).jpg
    504 KB · Views: 1,648
  • DSCN1877 (2).jpg
    DSCN1877 (2).jpg
    504 KB · Views: 1,499
  • DSCN1877 (2).jpg
    DSCN1877 (2).jpg
    504 KB · Views: 1,508
Upvote 0
OP
OP
eric n n.c.

eric n n.c.

Nov 25, 2008
NorthEast, N.C
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry for the oversize pics. forgot to resize them!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Eric, I wouldn't go spreadin around where I found them,I did that years ago,to my dismay!!!!!!!!!Some nice silver there!!!!!!!! God Bless HH Chris

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what have we here :o Hmmm :icon_scratch: if these are recent finds post your Old coins on "Todays Finds" forum . Welcome Eric 8) dawg

OP
OP
eric n n.c.

eric n n.c.

Nov 25, 2008
NorthEast, N.C
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found these awhile ago, didn't think it would qualify for todays finds. I've been hunting now for about 7 years and been wanting to post for awhile, just a little learning curve to post lol. I'll get better in doing so ( I hope ). Waiting for the fields to be picked before I can get cranked up. Your right Chris, but there were several camps of instruction in Va. and through out the south and this one has never been found, but I think I'm getting close. More pics to come.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
eric n n.c. said:
Found these awhile ago, didn't think it would qualify for todays finds. I've been hunting now for about 7 years and been wanting to post for awhile, just a little learning curve to post lol. I'll get better in doing so ( I hope ). Waiting for the fields to be picked before I can get cranked up. Your right Chris, but there were several camps of instruction in Va. and through out the south and this one has never been found, but I think I'm getting close. More pics to come.
eric, I hope you hit it BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, By the way WHEN you get a BANNER find,remember me tellin ya to keep it quiet,that way I can get some of the credit :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Sep 19, 2010
Outback...in my backyard.
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eric n n.c. said:
Found these while searching for a Camp of Instruction in Va. The coin on the right is a 1727 Portuguese, The one on the top left is a 1825 quarter and on the bottom left is a 1805 Spanish Reale. I found the Reale about 7in. down and it gave a really loud signal, I stood up to cover the hole and decided to sweep it again and found the Quarter in the same hole to my suprise.

Nice.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fantastic old finds.

All the best,

Lanny

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I would be permanently thrilled if I'd found those three coins! I especially like the Portuguese coin! I have a feeling you'll get other wonderful surprises soon, you seem to have the knack! HH Andi

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exellent finds,have found half reals,but the other two are on my wish list.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions