Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

I have found over the years quite a few Roman Silver coins :) on a couple of ocasions I have found two, but never three, this was until last week when searching three different fields, I found three Roman Silvers, two from one field. :thumbsup:

The coin on the left is Marcus Aurelius, and the bottom coin that of his son Commodus, you might remember the film Gladiator (Russel Crowe) were Commodus (Joaquin Pheonix) suffercated his father, so that he could become Emporer. Infact Marcus Aurelius died on 17 March 180, after a weak long illness, in the city of Vindobona (modern Vienna). Marcus gave the succession to his son Commodus, whom he had named Caesar in 166 and made co-emperor in 177.
The coin is in fact a tribute to his farther, struck after his death, "My father, Marcus Aurelius, now walks among the Gods."

SS

Attachments

• src2 005.JPG
    src2 005.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 801
  • src2 007.JPG
    src2 007.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 865
  • src2 011.JPG
    src2 011.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 969
  • src2 012.JPG
    src2 012.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 867
  • src2 013.JPG
    src2 013.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 897
  • src2 014.JPG
    src2 014.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 892
Upvote 0

loud ed

Mar 3, 2011
luton
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Silver Searcher said:
loud ed said:
Silver Searcher said:
loud ed said:
Silver Searcher said:
loud ed said:
nice coins your fields look as good as mine
Unfortunately Mate, this field is coming to an end :-\ looking for pastures new now :icon_thumleft:

SS
now ive got the DEUS im going back to worked out fields and its like someone has filled them up again
and i prefer flat rolled to pasture :coffee: :headbang:
I still don't see what the Dues has over the XP, apart from the several hunting modes, but I don't see any of those, opening up any of my sites. :dontknow:

SS

it seems to have the edge finding small stuff on heavily iron contaminated ground cos it has such a fast refresh rate, but apart from that theres not a lot between them but they are both better than our old hawkeyes
I thought the recovery is just the same as the XP :icon_scratch: apart from it being lighter, and the hunting modes, it's no different :icon_scratch: and I could not justify the £1300, I considered buying one once, till I had a go of one, and wasn't inpressed :-\

we have had ours for over a year now and we love them to bits we regularly detect with other club members and the finds rates speak for themselves it is definitely a better machine than the GMP several of the members use to use a GMP and have switched to a deus and they all say they wouldn't go back to there old machines if i had an Etrac i would probably be saying the same about that but i think it is a pay your money and take your choice scenario :dontknow:

ps i have used the other machines on a number of occasions but lets get the topic back on trac :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
loud ed said:
Silver Searcher said:
loud ed said:
Silver Searcher said:
loud ed said:
Silver Searcher said:
loud ed said:
nice coins your fields look as good as mine
Unfortunately Mate, this field is coming to an end :-\ looking for pastures new now :icon_thumleft:

SS
now ive got the DEUS im going back to worked out fields and its like someone has filled them up again
and i prefer flat rolled to pasture :coffee: :headbang:
I still don't see what the Dues has over the XP, apart from the several hunting modes, but I don't see any of those, opening up any of my sites. :dontknow:

SS

it seems to have the edge finding small stuff on heavily iron contaminated ground cos it has such a fast refresh rate, but apart from that theres not a lot between them but they are both better than our old hawkeyes
I thought the recovery is just the same as the XP :icon_scratch: apart from it being lighter, and the hunting modes, it's no different :icon_scratch: and I could not justify the £1300, I considered buying one once, till I had a go of one, and wasn't inpressed :-\

we have had ours for over a year now and we love them to bits we regularly detect with other club members and the finds rates speak for themselves it is definitely a better machine than the GMP several of the members use to use a GMP and have switched to a deus and they all say they wouldn't go back to there old machines if i had an Etrac i would probably be saying the same about that but i think it is a pay your money and take your choice scenario :dontknow:

ps i have used the other machines on a number of occasions but lets get the topic back on trac :thumbsup:

That's pretty much what I heard from users as well. Although I'm happy that the 11" coil on the GMP can compete with the stock Deus. :icon_thumright: So much so, I can wait for prices to come down & I have no competition to worry about, other than the odd hawker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions