Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet!

What kind of mineral is that? It's hard for me to tell from the photo. . . is that the actual color?

OP
OP
grayflint

grayflint

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry I need to master posting pix. yes the color is right on . this solid native ore nugget formation has been tested and it contians 13 differ elements . contains silver , copper 2 forms of platinum and then some . pretty neat lookn eh ? going to take it to ohio dep mineralogical resource for their assesment . a man at ohio state u said it was industerial over pour , but i shot him down for many of its elements would burn off just tryn to smelt out the copper . I talk with a friend with the odnr and they new what I had just by description and location . it is real

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let us know what you find out.

All the best,

Lanny

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Wow, that's a very nice blob of something or other. Resizing your pics to 800x600 before posting is very much appreciated. Not that anybody could tell what this is exactly, but it sure makes it nice not to have to scroll back and forth while going up and down to see an entire picture is very helpful.

OP
OP
grayflint

grayflint

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry you have a problem with my pix i posted .but I had already apologized for not knowing all the tricks to posting pix on this cite . At this point I can only ask for Ur patience or just ignore my post if its to much to ask.once again sorry dude .

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lead or silver :thumbsup:

OP
OP
grayflint

grayflint

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver . gettn ready to try the pic loader u suggested jeffro .thnx
:thumbsup:

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
I've read stories about how the river prospectors of old would find these ugly whitish nuggets in their pan and simply toss them out.... not realizing they were worth more than the gold they searched out....

OP
OP
grayflint

grayflint

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you stopped short in part of ur comment "river prospecters of old ....." old what ? ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread