My best coin find! 1758 2 reale

j.dean

Dec 6, 2006
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's V3I, Garrett's AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my best find by far! 1758 2 reale from a couple of years ago. I found this 5 inches down in the front yard of an old house in Rogersville TN!!!

My brother-in-law and I had asked permission to hunt this old two story farm house and the lady told us that the property dated back to the 1820's in her family, and the home was an inn when they bought it! so we were VERY excited. we dug junk all day, but I finally got a silver quarter signal on the DFX I had at the time, and started digging my plug. When I lifted the plug out of the ground, it was sticking out of the bottom, and I thought "sweet at least I got a quarter". However, when I started cleaning it off I was puzzled because it had NO MARKINGS on either side. At first I thought it was some kind of blank or something. I grabbed my water bottle and rinsed it of and my heart almost stopped. I didn't see Washington... I didn't see ANYTHING that I had ever seen before! THEN I SAW THE DATE 1758!!! I have to admit I dropped the dectector and ran (at 280 pounds) to my brother-in-law, who thought I had been snakebit because I was so pale, and we stood in awe! These finds REALLY do happen!!!

I found my first silver half today, and as I was taking pictures of it, I figured I grab pictures of this old find and put on here too! enjoy!

James

Attachments

• realeback.png
    realeback.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,360
  • realefront.png
    realefront.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,388
Upvote 0
OP
OP
j.dean

j.dean

Dec 6, 2006
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's V3I, Garrett's AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS GUYS!

Like I said, this is from a couple years back, but I still love to take it out of my case and hold it...lol... Like scrooge mcduck in the disney shows.

I just can't get over finding it in Rogersville TN. this is not an area you expect to find colonial silver I hope to go back there again in the spring and hunt the big field behind the house before it is planted again. It was planted with corn over my head at the time, but the owners told me to come back any time. I hope they still have the place!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread