1793 CHAIN CENT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2011 has to be my most memorable year as far as quantity & quality of finds.
breaking last years large copper total of 34 was an accomplishment in itself with 80 3/4's so far
Not to mention finding my 3rd 1789 George Washington inaugural button. Another goal was to dig a 1820's NY state militia Excelsior button
these 3 milestones would have satisfied me for the entire year but,it just gets better.
the highlight of 2011 for me has to be a small pocket spill of early colonial americana at a cellar hole site. 2 beautiful 1787 Connecticut coppers coins and the coveted 1793 chain cent with a rare reverse.the word AMERICA abbreviated AMERI.
I have submitted this for the upcoming Feb issue of W&ET magazines 2011 best finds issue.
Metal detecting for me,is the most rewarding hobby one can have.
The companionship & camaraderie of hunting with others who share a passion for history,whether it's showing eachother finds during the hunt,asking opinions on unidentifiable items,comparing signals at a site,cleaning your finds,taking pictures,displaying them and being an active member of this forum are just a few of the things that I most enjoy about this hobby.
I have been very blessed to have had pretty good success in the 21 years of park & old home detecting & the 4 short years I have been colonial cellar hole hunting. I hope that my finds after I'm gone will be cherished by future generations to come.
In closing I wish everyone much success in 2012 detecting.be safe and may GOD bless you all!
Dave

Attachments

• 2011 FIND OF THE YEAR SUBMISSION PICS 012.jpg
    2011 FIND OF THE YEAR SUBMISSION PICS 012.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 2011 FIND OF THE YEAR SUBMISSION PICS 018.jpg
    2011 FIND OF THE YEAR SUBMISSION PICS 018.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,056
Upvote 0

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
2011 has to be my most memorable year as far as quantity & quality of finds.
breaking last years large copper total of 34 was an accomplishment in itself with 60 3/4 so far
Not to mention finding my 3rd 1789 George Washington inaugural button. Another goal was to dig a 1820's NY state militia Excelsior button
these 3 milestones would have satisfied me for the entire year but,it just gets better.
the highlight of 2011 for me has to be a small pocket spill of early colonial americana at a cellar hole site. 2 beautiful 1787 Connecticut coppers coins and the coveted 1793 chain cent with a rare reverse.the word AMERICA abbreviated AMERI.
I have submitted this for the upcoming Feb issue of W&ET magazines 2011 best finds issue.
Metal detecting for me,is the most rewarding hobby one can have.
The companionship & camaraderie of hunting with others who share a passion for history,whether it's showing eachother finds during the hunt,asking opinions on unidentifiable items,comparing signals at a site,cleaning your finds,taking pictures,displaying them and being an active member of this forum are just a few of the things that I most enjoy about this hobby.
I have been very blessed to have had pretty good success in the 21 years of park & old home detecting & the 4 short years I have been colonial cellar hole hunting. I hope that my finds after I'm gone will be cherished by future generations to come.
In closing I wish everyone much success in 2012 detecting.be safe and may GOD bless you all!
Dave
That is a great looking coin. Thanks for sharing. DD.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Congrats Dave ! A DREAM FIND , the rarity and significance of the can hardly be overstated. The Chain Cent pieces claim the title of , THE Holy Grail of Early US Large Cents

8) CMDdawg

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing..

That was deep man..

That chain cent is a rare find for sure :icon_thumleft:

I have never heard of one found before in the northeast..

Cellar hole hunting is my favorite for sure..

Blaze

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice coin, That is a find of a lifetime. Wish you continued success.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find.

tdec1000

Jul 1, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX 550 w/ 4" coil and Garrett Ace 250
That coin was AU or UNC when it was lost! WOW!!! Nice coin... you should get it conserved by NCS and then encapsulated! Way to go! :blob9:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome simply awesome :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions