2004/Best Finds Photo

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Well, bought my daughter a Radio Shack detector for her birthday back in the Spring and within a few weeks she had lost interest, but I was hooked (I had given it up 15-20 years ago). Here's a photo of my best finds since about May. There are 34 coins, 31 are silver dating to 1899 (Barber 1/2 dollar) and oldest of all coins is 1740s copper (no clear date). About 24 of the coins were found on land at one old swimming hole where we hope to check underwater in the new year. Found some Rev. War musket balls and other cool stuff too. Met a great detecting buddy in True_Metal on this forum. Best wishes to all for '05.

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice finds bergie!It's good to hear about True_Metal and yourself.I remember reading your post on that old swimming hole,looking forward to see what it produces for you next spring.Too bad about your daughter,its nice to have a youngster around.I'm trying to get my nephew into it.Kids also help out in the sense that, you don't get hassled as much when thier with you.Certain park "workers"like to "try "to use authority that is beyond thier job description, at times, when I'm by myself.When i'm out with my nephew in these same parks, i've never been given a second glance.Anyway stay warm and H.H. :) GOOD LUCK IN '05!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thats a great collection you got go'n there... That was one sweet old swimminhg hole.
Good luck on the water hunt in the spring, keep us informed...

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, a great year and hats off to Bergie for all his finds and for showing me the spot to get my first silvers. It was alot of fun, thanks Bergie! 8)

long live the old swimming hole!

Let's tear it up in 05! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions