Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I thought I'd repost all my French buttons including the 2 I found last Fri

I don't know how current the finds have to be but I see several that are within the same time frame as mine .....so I don't really understand why mine got moved and the others did not. Historically, these are major finds in the United States. I have been hunting for over 30 years and have only recovered 5 up until a few weeks ago. I'm just happy I have a place to post these but I don't believe these buttons belong in "My Collections". Best finds ...... I can see- but not the latter. The cuff 7 and one of the cuff 13's and the ornate 1-piece brass button were found a few days ago. Many had asked for a group picture so I thought a group shot of the buttons would be acceptable. The spur was found at the same site also and could date as early as mid 1600's. I'm very grateful to have Treasurenet forum to post my finds and I'm not trying to be defiant..... I just feel a find such as this should be showcased in its appropriate venue. HH Devonrex

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 418
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 411
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Re: Well I thought I'd repost all my French buttons including the 2 I found last Fri

Devonrex, these are incredible finds.. probably as good as any I've seen posted. I have to agree with you-there is no reason to be moving these to other forums as several of the posts are a collection of recent finds like this one.

Keep them coming as you find them :headbang:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Well I thought I'd repost all my French buttons including the 2 I found last Fri

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CC Hunter

Aug 7, 2004
Timbuktu
Detector(s) used
Magnet on a Stick

Awesome finds Devonrex! Thanks for re-posting them with such an amazing group photo! :icon_sunny:

CC Hunter

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those are some sweet buttons.

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:icon_thumright: :hello2: :icon_thumleft: good job thanks for posting

May 22, 2011
Central VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm with you man, that's some awesome stuff.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great digs , I am sure others posted group pictures that have combined years ago finds with recent finds , found at the same site , to showboat oops ::) I mean showcase on this forum

kittspirate

May 5, 2010
St. Kitts And Nevis
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer se pro Garrett GTAX 550 / Trident Viper

Nice finds , I just found a 34 th regiment button last week in the ocean.

HH
Rain

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other

Awesome collection of buttons John with a lot of historical significance. Banner all the way!

CC Hunter

Aug 7, 2004
Timbuktu
Detector(s) used
Magnet on a Stick

Yes indeed, those are banner worthy finds! :icon_thumright:

CC

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So make it a Current Post :tongue3:

Tell us about the ones you Just Found,
Which ones, Where ? Etc. in your First Post Please

CC Hunter

Aug 7, 2004
Timbuktu
Detector(s) used
Magnet on a Stick

Do you actually read posts here? :icon_scratch:

The cuff 7 and one of the cuff 13's and the ornate 1-piece brass button were found a few days ago. Many had asked for a group picture so I thought a group shot of the buttons would be acceptable. The spur was found at the same site also and could date as early as mid 1600's.

There have been detailed descriptions posted here of all the searches, along with accompanying "just dug & dirty" photos of these finds over the past weeks. These have all come from one exceptional site! ;D

These here are current 2012 finds, which are undoubtedly more current than some of the 2011 finds seen in other recent posts in "Today's Finds!" :laughing7:

CC Hunter

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes,Devonex has documented every hunt to that site on here very detailed!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CC Hunter said:

Do you actually read posts here? :icon_scratch:

The cuff 7 and one of the cuff 13's and the ornate 1-piece brass button were found a few days ago. Many had asked for a group picture so I thought a group shot of the buttons would be acceptable. The spur was found at the same site also and could date as early as mid 1600's.

There have been detailed descriptions posted here of all the searches, along with accompanying "just dug & dirty" photos, of these finds over the past weeks. These have all come from one exceptional site! ;D

CC Hunter

So this is actually a "BEST FINDS" post ?

Nothing New in it to Tell us about ?

CC Hunter

Aug 7, 2004
Timbuktu
Detector(s) used
Magnet on a Stick

So this is actually a "BEST FINDS" post ?

Nothing New in it to Tell us about ?

The "NEW" part, is the group photo of all the buttons found over the course of several very recent hunts, after being carefully cleaned to show the actual regiment numbers and details. :D

Sometimes it's nice to see all the pieces of a puzzle together at once. :wink:

Posting finds from several hunts at a particular site or sites, in a group photo, has been commonly done on many forums, including this one here. :read2:

CC Hunter

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes but Todays finds is not for this unless Included in
a Thread about a recent days Hunt

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes they are awsome and we appreciate the Post :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread