A few coins I found without a machine.

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, my name is Ian Stone. I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself and show a few of my find. I found these a while back. At the moment I don't own a detector but am very interested in the hobby. I should be purchasing one soon. I can't afford anything fancy but I'm looking into something around the $300 range. I've been looking at the Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, or the Garrett Ace 250. Not sure yet but leaning towards the Fisher.

Any who... The 1908 Barber was found while I was walking home from the store. I just happen to glance down and noticed the coin in the rain gutter on the road. I always keep an eye open for strange thing on the ground, been doing that from a young age. Always looking for cool rock, fossils, and coins. The 1959 Washington, 1947 Rosie, and the 1964 Rosie, I got back in my change at a local gas station. Very surprised to find all three in my change. I doubt that happens often. The 1897 IH was found when I was fishing on Lake Tohopekaliga aka Toho in Kissimmee, Florida. I was fishing from the shore and happen to look down, there it was.

Some amazing finds can be anywhere, just have to keep an eye out. Hope to get in the hobby soon and I know I'll enjoy it. ;D HH

Thanks for reading...
Ian

Attachments

• Barber Dime 1908.jpg
    Barber Dime 1908.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 474
  • IH PENNY 1897.jpg
    IH PENNY 1897.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 480
  • WASHINGTON QUARTER 1959.jpg
    WASHINGTON QUARTER 1959.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 485
  • ROSIE 1947.jpg
    ROSIE 1947.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 499
  • ROSIE 1964.jpg
    ROSIE 1964.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 503
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stone

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
West Lake... I believe East Lake is more in St. Cloud than it is in Kissimmee. I have caught some very large Bass out of both though.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
Stone

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rocky raccoon said:
still full of gators @ west

Never had many problems with the gators. They cleaned it up nicely, took out all muck and grass from the bottom. Found a lot of nice bass holes when they drained it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread