1934 "S" Walking Liberty

elk311

Jan 13, 2012
Kitsap, Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelabe Equinox 800, Whites Spectrum XLT (x2), Whites Coinmaster, Minelab XT18000, Compass Yukon 90B, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1934 "S" Walking Liberty

Found my newest "favorite" coin a couple of days ago. In between snow and rain I wanted to get out and explore so I went to a park about three blocks from my house and found this gorgeous Lady Liberty under several beer tabs. I know they were beer tabs as I also found an old Budweiser can intact with the pull tab at a 90 degree angle and a hole puched in the bottom of the can. SHOTGUN !!! Just like grandma used to do... ???

Anyway, I love this coin! It shows the true artistic ability of the coinmakers in our country's history. (Weinmann)

Attachments

• 1934 S Walking Liberty Obverse web.jpg
    1934 S Walking Liberty Obverse web.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 352
  • 1934 S Walking Liberty Reverse web.jpg
    1934 S Walking Liberty Reverse web.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 1

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: 1934 "S" Walking Liberty

That's in pretty dang good shape for a 34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless Chris

OP
OP
elk311

elk311

Jan 13, 2012
Kitsap, Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelabe Equinox 800, Whites Spectrum XLT (x2), Whites Coinmaster, Minelab XT18000, Compass Yukon 90B, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

worldtalker said:
That's in pretty dang good shape for a 34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless Chris

I was thinking the same thing the moment I reached in the hole and pulled this bad-boy out. The really bad scratches are MY FAULT :BangHead: I used a fork to pull the coin out of a jar that I was using salt and aluminum foil in ... stupid rooky mistake. She's still beautiful though !

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow congrats that coin is in awesome shape and should fetch a nice penny if you sold it

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terrific find, and in amazing condition!! As may be apparent from my similar avatar, my one and only Walking Lib (1923S) is also my favorite find ever! One of the most artistic, beautiful coins ever produced. And it's AMAZING that these can still be found detecting! I've found zero Franklin halves, one lucky Kennedy halve, zero dollar coins...and yet some people out there were walking 70-100 years ago with a half dollar (that would be worth much more back then) and dropped them, and they and/or no one else noticed until they were buried! Thanks for slippery fingers and overgrowth, hehe! :hello2:

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That walker is a beauty for sure :thumbsup: I've never found a walker in that good of condition, very nice coin.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That walker is a beauty for sure :thumbsup: I've never found a walker in that good of condition, very nice coin. I got a 33S last year I wish was in that good of shape.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz ... Thats 1 lady i need to find yet

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very jealous of people finding walkers. I have found them CRH but to detect them would be 10x more thrilling!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread