New to decting... Some of my better finds...

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am new to MD'ing and I LOVE IT!!! I live in NE Pennsylvania and know there is alot of good stuff in the ground around here. I've only been at it for less than two months and have found some cool things. TONS of clad change that has turned into nice greenbacks, tons of pull tabs /foil/junk, etc... I have found some cool things thought and here they are in no particular order...: Oh yeah, if anyone has any specific info on any of these items, PLEASE let me know, hahaha!! I'm mostly guessing at time frames/eras.

WW2 tie clip and stamped lead piece from "Berlin" (Items were found next to each other)
Old brass play pieces (dog/giraffe)
1942 Merc and assorted jewelry found near the Merc dime
Old Revlon lipstick tube (1930's-40's?)
Labor Union/Mason emblem?
Brass padlock (1897-1917), 1957 quarter, 1937 wheatie
Old silver plated spoon from 1920's (Part of a set from National Siver Co.)
1958 Canadian silver quarter

Hope some can be correctly identified. Thank you for looking!!! Sorry about some of the pics, I'm no photographer.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

OP
OP
CousinEddie

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you!! Hoping to start finding the good stuff soon. Just have to get the coil over it, haha!!

OP
OP
CousinEddie

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found these this morning. Old Boy Scout hankercheif clip and 1910 wheatie...:

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a theory on the padlock.

It looks like a Pensylvannia Railroad "Keystone" emblem in the middle.

HH!!
TGB

pug

May 14, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the the addiction. I found a lipstick tub like that but didn't know what it was. Thanks for the ID. I just put in my box of good stuff and forgot about it till I saw yours. The one I have is not complete. Looks like a good bunch of finds can't wait to see some more keep them coming. HH. Pug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread