Trying Out Iphone App

glenn63

May 3, 2012
I'm trying out this new mobile app for the iPhone and here is some eye candy that was found by a friend of mine a couple of years ago.

image-2641393122.jpg

Glenn

Upvote 0
OP
OP
glenn63

glenn63

May 3, 2012
Yes. It sold for $5000. It would have been a lot more but there was a large old scratch on the reverse. My friend found it and thought he had just found a 1918 quarter. He's a newbie in the hobby at 60 years old and knew nothing about coins. Once I saw the coin I about fainted! It graded out at AU-50 Details. The scratch on the reverse reduced the value by $3000!

Glenn

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a coin indeed, especially when it's such a rare one in that condition.

GetReal

Apr 29, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find :icon_cheers: An the TreasureNet app would be nice but I don't like the fact that it can take pictures whenever it wants. :confused:

OP
OP
glenn63

glenn63

May 3, 2012
GetReal said:
Awesome find :icon_cheers: An the TreasureNet app would be nice but I don't like the fact that it can take pictures whenever it wants. :confused:

Take pics whenever it wants?? Now I'm confused.

GetReal

Apr 29, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Before you start to download the app it says that you authorize them to take pictures or videos whenever they want. Like if your phone is on your desk at your house it allows them to access your account then they can see everything that the camera is pointed at. Basically it can spy on anything and everything your doing hahah..thats what your agreeing to when you allow them authorization to take pictures or videos whenever they want to. I know it doesnt sound right but it happens :icon_scratch:

Take pics whenever it wants?? Now I'm confused.

OP
OP
glenn63

glenn63

May 3, 2012
I didn't read the terms and conditions but I will.
I reallyI doubt that's what it means though. If it does say something to that effect I think it may mean that they can use pictures or videos that you upload to their site without your permission.
The owners of Treasurenet may use these pictures in future posts or ads by Treasurenet.

I am also very sure that it's not possible for an app to arbitrarily access the camera app on your phone and take a picture or vid without the user having knowledge that this is taking place. That just makes no sense at all especially for a site like treasurenet. What motive would they have for doing something like that?

Perhaps you can copy and paste the section that says they can do this? I don't want to read the whole terms and conditions to find it. If it does say that ,and that's what it means, they have lost a customer/user for life.

GetReal

Apr 29, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't read the terms and conditions but I will.
I reallyI doubt that's what it means though. If it does say something to that effect I think it may mean that they can use pictures or videos that you upload to their site without your permission.
The owners of Treasurenet may use these pictures in future posts or ads by Treasurenet.

I am also very sure that it's not possible for an app to arbitrarily access the camera app on your phone and take a picture or vid without the user having knowledge that this is taking place. That just makes no sense at all especially for a site like treasurenet. What motive would they have for doing something like that?

Perhaps you can copy and paste the section that says they can do this? I don't want to read the whole terms and conditions to find it. If it does say that ,and that's what it means, they have lost a customer/user for life.

I'm sure TreasureNet wouldn't do anything like this but there is app creators out there that have the ability to look at what your doing without you acknowledging it.

When downloading this app it says you accept these terms in the hardware controls

(Take pictures and videos)
"Allows application to take pictures and videos with the camera. This allows the application at any time to collect images the camera is seeing".

GetReal

Apr 29, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are people over sea's that are big time scammers that create apps and people will download it not knowing what the terms are. Like I've herd of people downloading an app that says you allow them to make phone calls using your number..an when this happens they will call really expensive phone numbers and your cell phone bill will be really expensive because they made a donation hotline call...ect

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread