Best. Coin: 1857 seated qtr, jewel 3.4 carat valued at 50k

NoDakDigger

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2011
Found the qtr while searching park where w diamond ring was lost 4 months earlier. Posting on craigslist basically said west end of park or a half city block. Contacted them and offered my assistance but was told they already had searched with a metal detector. I've found three mid 1800 coins several silver rings, lots of wheats, and then her diamond ring. Submitted that story to Garrett and won a pro-pointer in their find of the month.

Received call from insurance company about the diamond ring, lost at a very large soccer complex. Took about 5 hours most of it at 45 degrees with a steady rain.... miserable. I love the ATPro!! All I could think of was the value, but when I returned it to the owner I realized that the sentimental value always means more. It's a great feeling returning these rings. Insurance company gave enough of a reward to cover a new e-trac and an AT-pro for my hunting partner (Joe) that evening. Although he ended up selling his detector and going with a Mnelab Safari. We are both very excitedly awaiting for that shipment in a couple of days.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions