Beach Walking Assateague Island MD & Beach Metal Detecting Ocean City MD

Sep 11, 2008
Since Early 2011 Till Now This Is What I Have Found. While Walking Assateague National Park Beach I Have Found Many Of The Coins Just By Looking For Round Objects In The Sand. The Pocket Knife I Found Started In What Looked Like A Metallic Piece Of Driftwood So I Took It Home But Forgot About It For A Month In My Car. When I Cleaned Out My Car I Found It Had Broke Apart And That Some Metal Pieces Were Inside. At First It Looked Like A Trigger Mechanism. I Took It To A Local Treasure Hunter And He Quickly Shifted The Pieces Around And Showed Me That I Had Found An Old Pocket Knife. Not Pictured Is Some Of The Wood From Around It. Another Unique Find Is The Ring Bearer Badge I Found Laying In The Sand At Assateague As Well. I Researched It And Found That It Is For Little Boys Who Are The Ring Bearer. It Can Be Found At Michaels Craft Store For About 5-10$. Its In Pretty Good Condition And Still Has The Fake Diamond On Ring On The Front Of The Badge. Some Sand Encrusted On The Back. My Recent Finds Are From Metal Detecting On The Beach Around The Pier And Beach Walkways At Ocean City. I Found A Few New Coins. I Also Found Some Nails, Bolts, And Aluminum Not Pictured. Total Change I Found From Assateage and Ocean City Is $2.00.

IMAG1166.jpg

IMAG1167.jpg

IMAG1169.jpg

IMAG1170.jpg

Upvote 1

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool..spent a few days down there last week..wife said i couldn't bring the detector cause she wanted quality time:BangHead:..we love it down there and we go a few times a year..we often talk about buying a place down there.. 068.jpg

Fishhook

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2011
Maryland
Cool..spent a few days down there last week..wife said i couldn't bring the detector cause she wanted quality time:BangHead:..we love it down there and we go a few times a year..we often talk about buying a place down there.. View attachment 636850

You don't want to take your detector onto Assateaque National seashore. The rangers will confiscate it. And you will most likely end up with a hefty fine. It's illegal to detect in national parks.

OP
OP
D
Sep 11, 2008
Yeah I Know You Cant On Assateague National Park. In The Small State Park Section After Labor Day Till The Day Before Memorial Day Metal Detecting Is Allowed On The State Park Beach Only. Ocean City Its Allowed As Long As Your Not Disturbing Beach Patrons. All The Finds I Got At Assateague Were Just Searching With My Eyes Only Looking For Round Objects In The Sand Or Anything Odd Looking I Check Out.

oakstr

Sep 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ass. Island Does Not Permit Metal Detectors on beach from May through Sept.
ass island.jpg

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I Know You Cant On Assateague National Park. In The Small State Park Section After Labor Day Till The Day Before Memorial Day Metal Detecting Is Allowed On The State Park Beach Only. Ocean City Its Allowed As Long As Your Not Disturbing Beach Patrons. All The Finds I Got At Assateague Were Just Searching With My Eyes Only Looking For Round Objects In The Sand Or Anything Odd Looking I Check Out.

Nice finds you made. But just so you know, it is illegal to collect "artifacts" on all National Park property. You can be arrested for "just looking at the ground" under ARPA, no metal detector needed, if what you are looking for is 100 years old or older. The knife may be that old or even some of the coins. Might want to check with the Rangers next time.

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions