I would say my best are...

deb

Jun 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally enjoy going to swap meets, yard sales and just having fun doing it..most weekends, first thing on a saturday morning is to go off and grab some coffee and start in on yard sales then go out to a swap meet and hang out with some of the vendors I know. One of my recent items I found at the swap meet was an antique asian mirror. We estimate it to be from the late 1800's. Now, the guy i got it from was an elderly man, and he was there early unloading and he couldn't get things out of his vehicle fast enough for the other vendors swamped him buying up a lot of stuff. He had this mirror, looked really nice, at least in my opinion and someone else asked evidently right before I did on the price, he told the person 25$ and I guess the person thought it to be too much to pay. I asked not too long afterwards and he told me 15$. I bought it in a heartbeat. below is the mirror. Now, another time I went to a gold show and during my rounds of checking out the vendors I saw a beaded necklace in a case that a woman had and we started talking and she told me the story of she bought a box off someone selling on ebay and this necklace was in it. She said she thinks it was egyptian or Indian but wasn't sure. I asked about the price and she told me 30$, but she then asked if i wasn't going to be there all weekend she would let me have it for 15$, she wanted to sell as much as she could, get rid of things. I jumped on it, for the first time I saw this necklace I knew OLD OLD..I bought it of course, and since then I have had it looked at from a antique dealer who specializes in eygptian stuff..I was right on it..the necklace is from beaded in the eygptian revival era, brass beads are from then, but the faiance beads are in fact MUMMY BEADS...Those were the beads that stood out to me when i first saw this necklace. I now have it in a case for saving, it is never going to be sold, and I swear as well as others who have held this feel it too, we feel a energy of some sort from it..people are in awe of it but each time I hold it i feel something from it..anyway, these are some of my best finds along with the vase I mentioned in another thread..I am always looking...one of the best things in life is to hit the yard sales and swap meets for goodies....:icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 5Fd5Ha5M13E33K93Nbc5edc86d99eda3c1205.jpg
    5Fd5Ha5M13E33K93Nbc5edc86d99eda3c1205.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 148
  • egyptiannecklace.jpg
    egyptiannecklace.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread