PROBABLY THE BEST COIN IN THE WORLD..........................

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super,why let your money rot while banks get the dividends.Invest in something you love and win two ways.For me the house is full of Canadian art & antiques.Both going up at a much faster rate then the bank offers and I can use & enjoy them in the meantime.
;)

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

dr-quest said:
Super,why let your money rot while banks get the dividends.Invest in something you love and win two ways.For me the house is full of Canadian art & antiques.Both going up at a much faster rate then the bank offers and I can use & enjoy them in the meantime.
;)

Exactly ;D

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug.... i don't want to disappoint you but the coin is not real it's a copy worth about £2 i will give you £3 for it :D

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

tyre kicker said:
Dug.... i don't want to disappoint you but the coin is not real it's a copy worth about £2 i will give you £3 for it :D

Very generous of you :P

Dunky

Feb 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter LandStar
Oh yeah nice coin--I found one of those last week.........in my dreams!!! :-\

Super Dooper nice!

Candyman

Mar 9, 2007
Great Britain
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Very nice coin and looks in very good condition. I just out of interest look on ebay and what looks to be a lower graded coin went for ......well have a look for yourself

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1658-Cromwell-Halfcrown-PCGS-MS63-MS-63-CHOICE-UNC_W0QQitemZ270099397350QQcmdZViewItem

Also found this as a bit of history....

"The Halfcrown, valued at 2s6d, was introduced as a gold coin under Henry VIII (1509-1547). Production of the hammered gold half crown continued into the reign of James I who minted gold halfcrowns (1603-1619) and also produced a larger sized silver halfcrown (1603-1625). The minting of hammered silver halfcrowns continued through Charles I, with the last hammered halfcrowns produced under Charles II in 1660-1662. The milled silver halfcrown was first produced by Oliver Cromwell in 1656 and 1658 during the Commonwealth, but the first standard regal issue was under Charles II in 1663. Production continued throughout the colonial period with the last halfcrown minted in 1970 under Elizabeth II when Britain changed to a decimal system"

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Candyman said:
Very nice coin and looks in very good condition. I just out of interest look on ebay and what looks to be a lower graded coin went for ......well have a look for yourself

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1658-Cromwell-Halfcrown-PCGS-MS63-MS-63-CHOICE-UNC_W0QQitemZ270099397350QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for looking but the linked coin went unsold. That coin was graded at UNC (realistically a GEF) & mines only a Good VF. However I like my coin better, as there is some discolouring on the other one.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(I brought mine from Spinks which you should have heard of)

Well of course, he's that half man/half lion guy in Egypt, but I thought he delt in riddles, not coins. Hmmmm?

Nice one he sold you, in any case.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dugfinds said:
Candyman said:

Thanks for looking but the linked coin went unsold. That coin was graded at UNC (realistically a GEF) & mines only a Good VF. However I like my coin better, as there is some discolouring on the other one.
Yeah so do I :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread