PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

Here are a couple of pictures worth sharing. They are in taken in Southern Colorado in the Sangre de Christo Mountains.

compassstone2.jpg

This is a Spanish Compass Stone. The face is well worn. The eye lines up with a cave on the far mountain. It has two smaller faces carved on the east and west side. The South side has foot holds carved into it. The face profile faces magnetic north. (I am planning a trip back to this spot soon.)

This one is interesting. Look across the rocky canyon to the opening in the far side.

Mountain Cave2.jpg

This one is actually taken from the exact same spot as a photo in one of KVMs books, Treasure of the Valley of Secrets, C 1971, Deek Gladstone (pen name for KVM.) The same area is in a picture on page 45.

This is my favorite type of TH.

I have a lot more like this if anyone wants to see.

Patrick

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Av8joker

Aug 6, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Patrick,
What happened to all the pics you had on here yesterday ? I now only see two. I would like the names of those books and articles you mentioned in yesterday's post. Please forward.
Thanks,
Av8Joker

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Patrick,
What happened to all the pics you had on here yesterday ? I now only see two. I would like the names of those books and articles you mentioned in yesterday's post. Please forward.
Thanks,
Av8Joker

Hi Av8Joker,

It is my fault. I first posted a couple of pictures in this thread. Then, I drafted the big posting you saw yesterday but put it in the 'today's finds' as that is when I was going through my TH material.

The thread is still there, it is just in the 'today's finds' area.

Patrick

Av8joker

Aug 6, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks

Thank you, I will look there.

Hi Av8Joker,

It is my fault. I first posted a couple of pictures in this thread. Then, I drafted the big posting you saw yesterday but put it in the 'today's finds' as that is when I was going through my TH material.

The thread is still there, it is just in the 'today's finds' area.

Patrick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions