Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner in my book brother. I am sure only a handful of hunters have found three 140plus year old buckles in one day. That is just phenomenal

OP
OP
Papa Bear

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
???

Last edited:

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just keep pulling the up! I'am just looking for some rain the dirt it still to hard to go deep.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got my banner vote thats something you dont see everyday most people are lucky to find just one

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't vote banner because I assumed it was obvious. Banner all the way.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were told wrong, the banner speaks for itself....

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well let's keep this one at the top so we get it on the BANNER so, vote it in boy's!!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my vote Papa.....We gonna let Coinstriking tune em up if ya don't get it on this one. He can be the muscle and I'll be tha brains when we go after em.....ok that won't work.....I aint the sharpest pencil in the box.......I'll be the good looking one.....that won't work , I am as ugly as a mud fence.....Well ya got my vote anyway.:icon_scratch:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Papa,

As posted on another thread by River Rat when a member was asking questions about the banner........

"While we don't have any firm criteria, we follow these general guidelines...

• Finds must be significant, and plausible.
  • Finds / posts must be RECENT.
  • Images must be hosted on the TreasureNet server.
  • Posts with great stories are more likely to be selected.
  • If the post is one of the members first posts, it is less likely to be selected.
  • It helps if 20 members don't have you on ignore!
  • Finds must look good in the banner."

To make the banner members voting for it is a big factor, I checked and your find has only a few reports for banner. Members may not be hitting the right button to nominate it for banner, just saying "banner" in the thread is not a vote, they have to vote for it by hitting red "create banner" icon on right side..... It is like saying your voting for a certain person for president, but never going to the voting booth....

On another note, when a member campains to get their own find on the banner it is less likely to make it.......

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter, thanks for clearing this up, I voted Banner using the red creat banner icon. This is a great find.

No problem, but you caught me in the middle of editing my post sorry.....

I will say this there were very few actual banner votes 30 mins ago, that number has doubled....I dont think members were hitting the banner button...... If we as moderators just put a find on the banner we think deserves it with out many votes, then it appears we are playing favorites, we have to have the votes to support it.......

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People must be sleeping around here. That should be banner all day. I don't believe that only "a select few" make the banner though. I think alot of people can't see or don't know how to nominate it for the banner. It took me a minute to find the button just now. I had to blow my screen up to full size just to read the "nominate banner" button. I have a 26" widescreen monitor so i'm usually at 67 or 75% (I don't like to have to scroll sideways to read posts). Besides the fact that it seems we have a large number of new members here (less than a year) and many are unaware that they have to vote to help something make the banner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread