Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the 30-cents and the motorcycle and jeep. Set your sensitivity at 7, and your discrimination at 5. Make sure you ground balance in all metal before flipping it in to Discriminate mode, and keep it in Normal Soil.

OP
OP
W

weaselguys

Aug 27, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Terry we will try that next,we still have about 10 more targets marked in our front yard to dig yet. I only have 1 problem with this machine it dosen't seem to pick up on a vial of small gold I have had for 30 yrs. I have posted pics of it and others think it's gold.I will try small lead sinker on it tonight.

OP
OP
W

weaselguys

Aug 27, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It worked on the sinker and now sound off over the gold in all metal and in desc mode with the desc set to 1 and I got the same response to the bb size split sinker when I raised the sensitivity up to 4 it was more intermittent below that. Thanks Terry for the help.

Vzcxo

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what you get for the detectors, you'll want to get a "pin-pointer" - that's a little restricted variety detectors that you can keep in the opening to rate up the procedure of finding the item your primary detectors found.

Last edited:

d3t3ctr0n

Apr 17, 2013
Texas U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
best.jpg
Hit the Playgrounds at Schools and Parks and this is what you can find within just a couple of hours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions