How I accumulated a dug silver coin hoard.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you see 58 silver dimes, 13 silver quarters, and 3 silver halves, dug from Apr 23, 2011 to Sep 16, 2012, on about 20 weekends, in South Florida. I use a simple research formula to find new sites, of which there are a great many in this area.

I can tell that many, if not all these sites have never been hunted because so many coins are very shallow, sometimes barely covered.

Attachments

• big silvers 9-16-12-33.JPG
    big silvers 9-16-12-33.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 555
  • silver dimes to 9-16-12--33.JPG
    silver dimes to 9-16-12--33.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
Upvote 3

tonyc10k

Sep 7, 2012
Georgetown ky
Detector(s) used
Minelabs equinox 800, whites classic ID, bounty hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would you be willing to share that research formula?

45 short

Greenie
Jan 22, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac
T-2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes do share this formula i sure could use some new spots

aysugnacar

Sep 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it also has to do something with luck. I myself dug out many things but mostly dirt. Guess, its time to read some anthropology books. :P

OP
OP
scaupus

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Validation!

I see 3 new members posting on this thread-------welcome y'all!:occasion14:

Saturday, I went to a new spot. Funny, I'd driven by it any number of times and dismissed it as not a good spot to hunt. Doy!! New research told me otherwise, so here I was finally. Anyway, it is a lovely spot with nice trees and thick, healthy St. Augustine grass...when this type of grass is thick, you can sort of tunnel into it, and dig a nice size hole, and when you cover it up you can barely tell you've been there. First time it rains afterward, and even that little bit of dirt lying around disappears.

Well, I was there only a few minutes when I get a shrill half dollar tone from my White's eagle spectrum. Usually that means trash. But this time it's clean; a perfect, round, stable 90, the right size for a coin, it doesn't change values as I move the coil over it...golly, it looks like it's really a half dollar down there! I could hardly believe what I was seeing and hearing because I just assumed this meant there was n old silver half down there; it never even occurred to me that it might be a clad Kennedy. You can imagine my disappointment...oh, wait, my mistake, it was indeed a lovely Walking Liberty!

walker1943half9-29-12lonchaney50.jpg

I was elated, more that my research method was validated again (like about the 63rd time) than for having dug up this beautiful old coin that was still here in the grass where people walk by all the time just as they had decades earlier when this coin had slipped out of someone's pocket. Well, I was elated for both reasons.

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
Let me guess, you're going to offer to sell your research method to us..

ragu

Dec 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I would love to see what this research method is! I have dug A LOT of trash and very little clad.... NO SILVER!

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011
I would love to see what this research method is! I have dug A LOT of trash and very little clad.... NO SILVER!

Keep on truckin ,I have dug 91 silver coins with mt At pro since April of last year with very little research .Knock on doors of old home sites .Worst I have been told was no .I live in Atlanta and many of the so called hunted out parks in Atlanta still produced many many silver coins and civil war relics .

Congrats to the OP on his success may you find many many more .

L

lost hunter

Research turn on detector swing low and slow If your detector sounds off Dig research done

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread