New to this...old crucifix and new bracelet

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, I tried to attach another photo first. The Crucifix I found in the Jupiter Inlet beach area North of the northernmost lifeguard station. It was completely crushed to death, formed into a ball the size of a medium pea, that fell through the 1/2" square holes of my hand sand scoop twice before I found it with my foot and machine on the ground. I brought it to a jewelry friend who brought it back to life in his spare time. No kt. markings, extremely intricate gold working and a ancient hammered back, and it tested at 22 kt. I added the bail. The bracelet is 14 kt, 5.8 oz., found on the beach July 5th, at about 7:15 am, and I thought it was silver when I found it, the sun was that bright and it was already 85 degrees. I sold that for $ 875.00 in 2006, after our house was burglarized and my pension fund was robbed of 16 mens rings with diamonds, all of my old silver coins and my $9,000.00 digital camera setup with 4 lenses. Broke my spirit - some people really suck.IMG_1012.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    565.6 KB · Views: 236
Upvote 1

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
4, that is a stuning bracelet. I am sorry to hear about your theft. I've experienced it & it stays with you for a long time. I hope no one was hurt, & I am glad to see you are back out enjoying treasure hunting again. If you stayed home, the theives would have won by stealing your life too. kick some behind, & find that gold.

OP
OP

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They did win, momma bear. I've had 4 strokes since the theft, so I've hung up the machine for good. And times being the way they are now, NO ONE is wearing anything to the beach. I hunted for 2 years, until 2008, after 3 of my 4 strokes, and I got hit with a rogue wave that nearly sucked me out to sea, ruined my cell phone and filled every square centimeter of my body with sand. After that, if I can't get out of the way of a wave, I've got no business hunting that surf line, which is where all the goodies are. And Florida in the summer is brutal!!! Physically, I can't hunt anymore, but i'll always have the memories. Maybe I'll post a photo of the diamond ring I found on 9/15/2004, 4 days after we got back from evacuating for Hurricane Francis, which bulls eyed the Jupiter inlet for 3 days with 100 MPH winds. There wasn't much left when we got back, and 3 weeks later, Jeanne hit with 135 MPH winds that destroyed what Francis didn't take down. Not a traffic signal for miles!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread