My finds in Mexican virgin lands.

Twangator

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone, I have been a long time lurker of this website And finally I'm able to share with you guys my finds. The area where I found these items Is in the state of Jalisco mexico, I came across this plot of land by accident And got permission to hunt (the owner is my dads friend). I was there for two weeks in May of this year and was only able to hunt for 2 to 3 hour every day, And every day we went out we came back with 2 to 3 silvers. As you can see these coins range anywhere from the late 1600s to about 1850 Included are some hacienda tokens an municipal currency. This place where we found everything doesn't show or have any sort of ruins that would suggest that there was ever anything there, That plot of land is actually used for cattle grazing and some farming, And most of the stuff found was no deeper than 10 inches. I hunt with a Garrett AT Pro and my dad uses a Garrett Ace 350. My dad is retired and lives down there and he has been hunting here and there and every time he's gone back he finds silver and lots of coppers dating back to these dates. I am planning my return in the next few months And I am excited to see what else we will find.

Attachments

• image-3735292668.jpg
    image-3735292668.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 339
  • image-3822096228.jpg
    image-3822096228.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 2

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
If you wish, can you show those coins and tokens close up? (especially the 1600s and the Hacienda tokens)?
Hacienda tokens are a great reflection of Mexican history; a time when (unfortunately) ranch hands were treated as serfs and were paid with hacienda tokens --some with fantasy denominations--that could be traded in only at the company store--based on the value of the national currency at the time of redemption. In many cases, the cost of the company store's product prices were inflated enough so that no 'vig' was necessary to be added to the conversion process.
Don.......

OP
OP
Twangator

Twangator

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
If you wish, can you show those coins and tokens close up? (especially the 1600s and the Hacienda tokens)?
Hacienda tokens are a great reflection of Mexican history; a time when (unfortunately) ranch hands were treated as serfs and were paid with hacienda tokens --some with fantasy denominations--that could be traded in only at the company store--based on the value of the national currency at the time of redemption. In many cases, the cost of the company store's product prices were inflated enough so that no 'vig' was necessary to be added to the conversion process.
Don.......

Hello Don, here are some close ups.

Attachments

• image-4132067283.jpg
    image-4132067283.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 133
  • image-449956349.jpg
    image-449956349.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 165
  • image-2618168993.jpg
    image-2618168993.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 192
  • image-238221358.jpg
    image-238221358.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 145
  • image-4240490073.jpg
    image-4240490073.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 146
  • image-1141447010.jpg
    image-1141447010.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1197954299.jpg
    image-1197954299.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 119

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Jalisco, Jalisco
Tu tienes tu novia
que es Guadalajara
Muchacha bonita, la perla mas rara
De toda Jalisco es mi Guadalajara.
Beautiful, wonderful finds. Your father is very lucky to live in paradise, when he passes away he won't have to travel far to get to heaven. AND, you are very lucky to get to visit and find all that treasure. Buenas suerte amigo...

OP
OP
Twangator

Twangator

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jalisco, Jalisco
Tu tienes tu novia
que es Guadalajara
Muchacha bonita, la perla mas rara
De toda Jalisco es mi Guadalajara.
Beautiful, wonderful finds. Your father is very lucky to live in paradise, when he passes away he won't have to travel far to get to heaven. AND, you are very lucky to get to visit and find all that treasure. Buenas suerte amigo...
You are right about that Austin. We are going to keep looking, we know that there is much more to be found!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
twan-gator, thanx for sharing. Obviously something had to have been on that spot, in antiquity. Like an old house, or market, or campsite, or something. This is too many good coin-finds to have simply "random fumble finger" losses from the the mere occasional cattle workers over the centuries.

Nice job!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just a guess: The last one on the right is from Zacatecas; more specifically, the TAR brand from the Hacienda Trancoso.
The 1/8 token represents 1/8th peso.
Top row right seems to have the word: Colotlan--as is the area of Colotlan, Jalisco (sorry no accent mark).It's also a 1/8 peso token.
Don...

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds. I have lots of family in Jalisco and Coahuila.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome amigo! Some nice stuff there,you and your Dad ought to do real well at that site. God Bless Chris

skateandcreate

May 5, 2008
MARYLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Minelab GPX 4800
Mackaydon said:
Don.......

Teach me something new every time im on here mackaydon

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it looks like a counterfeit Seated Lib....upper left corner??

Simply incredible site and quite a range in dates there!! :thumbsup:
What relics have surfaced?

OP
OP
Twangator

Twangator

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
it looks like a counterfeit Seated Lib....upper left corner??

Simply incredible site and quite a range in dates there!! :thumbsup:
What relics have surfaced?

Hello Kuger, what looks like a seated liberty is a 1/4 real from the state of Jalisco. And Relic wise, musket balls, drawer handles, nails, religious medals, TONS of buttons and bullets.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds awesome....I am envious!!

Digs68

Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really interesting! I'd love to find an old location filled with fascinating relics such as those!
Thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread