Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Last two year's finds

COOL, can't help with the key, IS that a lighter on top ?

OP
OP
junkdigger

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.

Yeah, that's a lighter.Seems to me to have been a crummy design.The striker wheel is missing.You pulled the inside part down maybe with the ring,pushed the top cap aside,and flicked the starter to light it.The outside of the body was the wind shield.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505

The key might be for winding a clock or music box...

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004

hey junkdigger nice assortment of finds! Could the key be from a player piano or some sort of music machine? Good going. Cladius.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Great stuff! love that old brass...
No help with the key either, but I like it...

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great stuff! 8) I collect old lighters. If you would like to part with that one let me know.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

There is a difference between junk and junque. That stuff is real junque! Great finds! Can't help but like that lighter-any name on it?

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005

I like the dog tax tags, if you get pre-1900 tags they are worth a bit to collectors.

T

treasurehunter46

i know what that tag thing is its a name tag for an old silver war solier back in the olden day they used to have them on and it said there county and male/female.but these days they have soliders tags and it says their bllod if there a male or female where their from and who their wrking for becase the blood thing when they get hit then they need blood the doctor doesnt have to test him or her and find out their blood they can just look it on the tag and give it to them and plus they didnt give blood they would let the soliders bleed to death becase they couldnt twest blood or tell if it has hivs or somethin

tomlinson

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2005

The key looks like a lady's daytime key. In mid 1800's the key would lock the door from the inside then the lady of the house could carry the small key with her in pocket instead of a large honking skeleton key.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread