Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Didn't think much of it till a week ago when I posted it... All I can say now is, "OMFG!!!!!!"

ForumRunner_20130109_182600.png

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, but I'm not really surprised, that was a good looking fob and like was discussed on your thread would appeal to different types of collectors.

I see there was two who really wanted it. You should check their feedback and bidding history as it would be interesting to know if they were watch fob collectors, or just rodeo liking types. It would be funny if it was one against the other.

OP
OP
cti4sw

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think they were both into the same things, mostly antique equestrian stuff and western Americana. The Texan held the winning bid for most of the auction term, and the Okie just persistently outbid him until the very end and ended up winning himself.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then it was definitely a good choice adding that 2nd category, otherwise those guys probably wouldn't have seen it. Sometimes ebay is funny that it's not necessarily finding the person who likes it the most, but finding a couple with money to spend, even if they aren't a serious collector for them and just think it's neat... and I think that is what happened here. I think the fob collectors probably did like it, just the western guys had the cash to throw down, and whether that's wrong or right, getting a good price is all that counts in the end.

PS: It's funny you got about the same price I mentioned my friend got for his fob find many years back.

OP
OP
cti4sw

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Then it was definitely a good choice adding that 2nd category, otherwise those guys probably wouldn't have seen it. Sometimes ebay is funny that it's not necessarily finding the person who likes it the most, but finding a couple with money to spend, even if they aren't a serious collector for them and just think it's neat... and I think that is what happened here. I think the fob collectors probably did like it, just the western guys had the cash to throw down, and whether that's wrong or right, getting a good price is all that counts in the end.

PS: It's funny you got about the same price I mentioned my friend got for his fob find many years back.

You're probably right, and I thank you for the advice. I never care who gets what on Ebay so long as I can get good $ for whatever I'm selling.

That's right, it is kinda funny. I wonder if there's a price guide for rare watch fobs. I'll have to check into that.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're probably right, and I thank you for the advice. I never care who gets what on Ebay so long as I can get good $ for whatever I'm selling.

That's right, it is kinda funny. I wonder if there's a price guide for rare watch fobs. I'll have to check into that.

Or even just a reference book. I've always liked the things but have only found 3 in quite a few years detecting.

OP
OP
cti4sw

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That might pay for your peo pointer!

It basically did... I already bought a used one from a fellow member here for $75. Just got it in the mail yesterday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread