Toy finds! some of my favs

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
vintageToy finds! some of my fav's

Just some of my favorite toy finds! R.O.A. Decoder was my first. Alost threw it away it was so crusted diddnt know what it was, from that point on I save everything. And it paid off. Found some great finds after some good cleaning. ; )

ForumRunner_20130122_161040.png

ForumRunner_20130122_161114.png

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Guess theres not much excitement in old antique toys? I love finding them, actually sometines more than coins, .guess I always think back when I lost one if my favorite ones ,well I sure hope they know now how happy i am to find one of theres..

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray some folks may not understand how much these items sell for! I've a friend who collects "old Toys", he buys them on the cheap side and mostly hangs onto them. He took his Dear Wife to a toy auction once so she could see how much they sell for. After the auction she told him he could buy all the old toys he wanted to. Nice collection you've got going..............63bkpkr

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
63bkpkr, thanks for the response I appreciate it. I also like your friends like nd collect antique toys.. Actually started that hobby before metal detecting but then finding antique toys with the detector made it that just much more easier for me. Thanks to the great radio days of the thirties and forties I find a lot of Radio premium toys giving out at those times. And then of course you always come across the Great old marbles. Jars fulls of them

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ray,
One of the items I found while detecting some time back is a very cheap "Sharpshooter" ring. I suspect it was given out by the boatload to kids following saturday serials at the movies, in cereal boxes or in some other giveaway but I've never been able to locate any details on it. I was once offered $20 for it by a company dealing in collectables but I passed on it. I still have it, right in the same 35 mm film can with a sterling silver Mickey Mouse ring I detected.

Good luck with the hunt...........63bkpkr

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Funny you should say that finding a sterling silver Mickey Mouse ring is on my wish list... wish me luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread