What was your first find?

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey All,

What was your first find? Mine was a number of years ago it was an Aladdin's Arcade Tolken that I found in my yard when I first got my Prizm III. I remember it like it was yesterday!

Let's hear what your first finds are!!!

HH

Pulltab Parson

Upvote 0

d3t3ctr0n

Apr 17, 2013
Texas U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My very first coin was a Washington Quarter at a school playground. Since then (which was 2 weeks ago) I have found over 75 Clad coins.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two penny's in my front yard,1983 & a 1984.

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First find was a 1994 dime, and a really old Master padlock. In my backyard.....

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around eleven years back, when I was around 5, I found a wheat penny in my change, 1949. I have since lost it, but now have quite a few to replace it. Still wish I hadn't lost it.

rpl782002

Greenie
May 2, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well my first finds were clad and lots of aluminum foil with my bounty hunter. But than bought an AT PRO and spent some time learning how to use it on youtube. First couple finds with that turned up a V nickle at the local park. Let's just say i'm hooked with the metal detecting hobby. :)

Eugenio

May 3, 2013
Campo Alegre Santa Catarina
Detector(s) used
Euro ace, e ace 250 garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meu primeiro achado foi numa área inexplorada ha décadas, achei um pequeno fio de cobre enrolado em uma raiz de arvore ha uns 60 cm de profundidade, penso que a arvore cresceu e as raízes levaram o fio para dentro da terra!

vandaria

May 11, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-trac,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last year my dad let me try out his detector and I got a nice tone right away by the deck. I dug up an old clock pendulum that if my memory is correct my grandmother used as the weight on a large set of wind chimes. Probably my fave find =)

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back around '74? a good friend found he had cancer and was selling everything he had to build up capitol for his wife. I bought his 'prospecting equipment' We went up somewhere for the weekend to show me how to run the 4" dredge. After about 30 minutes running sand thru the dredge, he said we'd better check the box. We did, out pops a 3/4 oz nugget! Newbe that I was, ran around the campground till night time showing it to everyone. That Wop got me good! Should have noticed the little spring in his step with the cane, but didn't. Brass slage bout the size of a 3/4 oz'r but weight of a nickel. I still have it somewhere. Best find was I had gold fever and didn't know it-

mtholen

Aug 17, 2012
Greenvile, SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 501
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First swing of the coil I got a quarter signal. I dug down about four inches and saw a gold colored coin. I reached down and pulled out a T Rex token from chuck e cheese! That adrenaline rush got me hooked

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
First find was a tore up old sprinkler head, first best find was a gold and garnet braclet. Same park.

charlesenealjr

Apr 29, 2013
Reno nv
Detector(s) used
ace 250 for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my first find was a cheat. i was invited by a friend to md at a ghost town(sort of). the is a small town no buildings left but tons of junk cars from the 50's. i was told it was a railroad town. he let me use his White's xlt and told me to check over there across the tracks and the first tone i got was about 6 in down was a 1941 dime i was so excited. he let me keep it and i carry it with me everywhere. i don't think it was planted but i don't know for sure. DSC01529.JPG

Tropickandie

May 8, 2013
Saint Louis Mo.
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found my first thing today it was a tootsie toy car it was a pink jaguar I scrubbed it to read what was written on it. It is really dirty and kinda pink and silver with gunk but, it is so neat it started raining so I had to stop I only got to be outside for like 10 mins :( I can not wait til tomorrow, I also found a bud light top but that wasn't too exciting.

DialTForTreasure

Jan 7, 2013
My first find was a major pull tab spill with a wal-mart special bounty hunter. The find that kept me from throwing in the towel after months of trash with a higher end Spectrum was an 1874 shield nickel.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forty years ago my father first stuck a detector in my hand in a city park here in Texas. I walked with it about twenty feet and got a reading and found a small silver pendant about the size of a quarter showing Jesus on the cross. He immediately confiscated it.... Later the same day I was in an area with a lot of dry leaves and dead grass. Solid hit. So solid I thought I found something big. It was big. It was a manhole cover. Not too bad for a 7 year old on his first hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions