Ring

J

jwarren270

I just started to metal detect at X-mas. My wife and I were out in the yard and found a 1945 nickel and a ring looks like silver with an amethese in it. It also looks to be hand made with jewelers inscription on the inside of band. Found it around 6" deep. Will give more info. when we find out more. We live in the old part of town. Our home started out to be a 2 room home way back when. It was also so bought to my attention that all the homes in our neighborhood were all mill homes back then. So I do have alot of detectoring to do here near home. My neighbors gave me permission to do so. Just wanted to let all of you to know the adventcure can be close to home.

Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the ring JW, now that you've got the bug I'm sure you will have many more finds to add to you're collection, I've been MD'ing on and off for about 6 months (wife just had a baby, not alot of spare time) but spring is coming and I plan on putting alot more time into this great hobbie, I'm still looking for my first ring and hope to find it when the weather breaks!! again congrats and good luck HH
kenb

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Congratulations on finding the ring! Sounds really lovely. I just got my MD for Christmas also..but only got to hunt for about 20 minutes before getting 3 1/2 feet of snow. Still about a foot of snow on the ground.. so will have to wait to go hunting for now. Happy for ya!

Marcia ... the treasure_lady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions