My treasures

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I just got a new MD this Christmas..and have only gone out for 15 minutes due to our heavy snow.. so I thought I would show what I found with a $5.00 yard sale MD back in Texas about 7 years ago. I gave this old MD to my grandkids when I moved. Jewelry found in alleys between houses in a subdivision in an old part of town. The first photo (a pin), has a stone that looks like specks of blood.. blood stone?? The second piece isn't marked.. looks like a piece from the 20's..don't know what the stones are..maybe rhinestones..open behind the stones. The bunch of grapes is marked sterling on the back...and has 5 ruby type stones and 8 rhinestones? and the 3 stones in the middle that are clear and kind of milky (open behind theses stones). The turtle has sterling on the back with other marks I can't read. It's a pin and has a loop to be worn as a necklace. It's a locket and opens to hold photos. The stones are turtoise and a dark blue stone. The turtle is all silver except for the stones on it's back.

Marcia the treasure_lady

Attachments

• pinbloodrs.JPG
    pinbloodrs.JPG
    3.8 KB · Views: 732
  • pinartrs.JPG
    pinartrs.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 722
  • pinredrs.JPG
    pinredrs.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 727
  • turtle2rs.JPG
    turtle2rs.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 729
Upvote 0

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
They are nice to set aside and look at. I find alot of old pieces and such. It all adds up fast.

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
Treasure lady, those jewelry pieces all came out of the ground in nice shape! Wonder if the same person lost them all.They seem similar ?in their tasteful quality. The few pieces I've found had missing stones or other problems.Nice finds!

G

gmtech

Those are great! I cant wait until my ace 250 gets here so I can start digging around. Did you find them easily and how deep were they?

OP
OP
treasure_lady

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks everyone for stopping by! The alleys in this neighborhood were also where everyone put their trash for pickup...so no..the jewelry wasn't but an inch or two down in the dirt...easy finds...(probably throw away with other odd and end things when someone moved), found in several locations.. but their similiar ages probably had something to do with the age of the old neighborhood. People would throw all kinds of things away... you know the old saying.. one man's trash is another man's treasure! I can't help it.. I love to find neat things...so it didn't bother me to scout out the alleys! ;D I found junk pieces of jewelry also and would make new pieces of jewelry out of them.. replacing the stones, etc. These were the ones in good shape! Although the grape piece didn't have a pin or anything in the back and I couldn't see where it ever did.
No alleys here..where I live now. I'm out in the country..so will have to work harder for my treasures now. :-\ I won't mind though.. if this snow will melt so I can get it. I'm excited to start hunting again!

OP
OP
treasure_lady

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm going to take him (Nugget), Mding with me! I'm sure he'll be a good "digger"! ;D Right now..he's going by 2 names... Nugget and GATOR! He's chewing on everything with those little gator teeth!
:-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread