Feb 25, 2013
massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The year : 1986
Me : 14 years old

I throw on my Kmart plastic sneakers,a Red Sox cap and I jump on the "Green Beast", (my bike). I head across the street feeling "bad to the bone" with the breeze in my face leaving the parents behind me in the dust. I have to snop as my shoelaces get stuck in the pedal and I see a half dollar on the side of the road. Freeing myself from the pedal I get off the bike and grab it. But wait, theres another, and another. Look theres a gold necklace. A diamond ring. A necklace made of "white balls". The grounds are littered with jewlery and coins. Im rich ! I think i'll give the diamond ring to my mom and keep the ret. Maybe I can get some new Star Wars figures. I really want that new r2d2 figure.

Then,to deflate my dreams as every adult does to a 14 year old my parents call the cops.

Turns out there was a break-in a few houses up from me and the theif dropped a box while running.Turned everything over to the police, but I did get that r2d2 figure. Not from the owners, they never even said thank you. The officer that originally responded gave it to me.

Once this snow is gone I'm going to have to scan that area. Never know, I may have missed something. Maybe Mom will get that diamond ring after all.

Upvote 2

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Goes to show you that the honest guy gets the shaft once again. Several years back a friend of mine was in Florida detecting on a beach when this off duty cop from England came up to Mike and said he had lost his wedding ring, Mike tried to find the ring but with no luck. The cop went off with his mailing address in mikes hand who was also a retired cop, Mike said if he found it he would return it to him. Later that day mike found the ring, the cop had flown back home. Mike contacted this cop telling him that he had found the ring, the cop said please send it, Mike did not get any monies for his trouble or a thankyou. Well if you find another shiny fancy,well the rest is history.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome.

I love a good story.

That reminds me of MY first "treasure story"

It was 1985. My friends and I used to hang out in an area behind the fire station by the railroad tracks that had big bushes and small trees.
I remember hearing stories about a guy that "went crazy"and shot it our with the feds a few years before, supposedly hiding out in the very same bushes that we used to play in, telling stories of ninjas and the dirty Russians invading..
Apparently the guy took a hostage and hid out there like ten years before...

Well,one day, while reading a comic book with my friends a kick of my foot uncovered a live .22 LR round.
This was it!
One of his bullets!
Visions of Lee harvey Oswald, Dillinger and other evil doers danced before my eyes...

Here it was, the ammo that the crazed villain used!
A bullet dropped by his very hand!

About 2003 or so I did a little research.. It turns out that he had only had a stolen 12 gauge and never left the house, and surrendered to the cops in the same house, about five blocks away..

Oh well...
:)

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
768098d1361702632t-best-finds-first-area-i-used-my-etrac-congrats121.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions