I have 2 "best" finds that add up to 4 golden ones.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The end of August 2012 on two successive hunts at the same park within 15 yards right next to a basketball court I found 3 gold rings.
One on the first hunt, 2 others on the next.
I worked hard for these, digging all signals including trash and ended up with a gold ring with a single diamond so nice it was the only ring I have ever found that I had re-sized and I am wearing today and I count all three of these rings as one great find.
All three were usual trash signals for me on my F2, a great reason I became a mostly dig-it-all kind of hunter a long time ago,

The second was found this past January at another park and again right next to another basketball court.

A low nickel signal again on my little F2, the same as many sta-tabs I found that day in this small park.
This was no tab, it was my first white gold ring and it was loaded with diamonds.
Some friends in the jewelry business checked it out and said it would sell at their store for a real world price of $1299.

Both experiences are the type I will have and cherish for a lifetime.

Attachments

• P1030291.jpg
    P1030291.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 286
  • ww.jpg
    ww.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 2

robgwv

Feb 17, 2013
west virginia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool, I got a F2 this winter and love to hear what kind of signals to look for.I was told to dig anything over foil..No gold or silver yet

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Very cool, I got a F2 this winter and love to hear what kind of signals to look for.I was told to dig anything over foil..No gold or silver yet

The top ring is the one I am wearing and it was a 37-39 tab signal.
The second ring was a 35 nickel, but for me nickels are mostly 33's and 35's are usually sta-tabs.
The small heart ring was a foil signal, a 24 which is the exact same signal as a sports drink foil insert or a condiment package.
The diamond ring was a 32 which is nickel again, but usually a piece of a tab or some can slaw for me 99 times out of 100.

Message me and I can link you to a place where I have posted a ton of tips on using the F2.
I have gotten very good with mine in the last couple of years I have used it, and it is not the only detector I swing, either.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome finds! I bought an F2 over the winter as well. I haven't found anything good yet but have been having fun practicing with it.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations
wow2.gif

Aus3

Mar 29, 2013
swva, VA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats when i would sell the white gold one and buy an even better md. :)

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I'm sure the reason more people don't find gold is because they discriminate out the pull tabs. good hunting!

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings! :occasion14: Congrats and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions