New to MD.

deb55

Apr 11, 2013
In less than a month I found this in front of a very old church. I feel pretty good although I have not found any coins yet. That's what I would love . But it seems that is what everyone wants. People are funny, they ask what are you looking for and that half of it is theirs. I found this in front of an old church, and the Mohican Indians and Henry Hudson traveled thru these parts. I want to learn more on how to see what was where on certain dates. How do I find old maps of the areas? Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image-3099401775.jpg
    image-3099401775.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3013075622.jpg
    image-3013075622.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 0
OP
OP
deb55

deb55

Apr 11, 2013
Yes, it sure is. I plan on seeing if the church wants it back,but I really want to keep it.

Dave2

Apr 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!
I'm afraid I can't help with where to find old documents and maps - do you have a local library? Might be worth asking there.

d3t3ctr0n

Apr 17, 2013
Texas U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deb, here is a little advice from a fellow noob detectorist. If its money your looking for, hit the local Elementary Schools and Park playgrounds. In 5 hunts, averaging about 2 hours each, I have found nearly 75 coins at various Elementary School Playground and Park Playgrounds. The playgrounds with woodchips are particularly easy to get coins. And this all happened in less than 2 weeks of hunting. The coolest thing I have found besides the clad coins is a key and a gold token. The experience you will get from digging up the coins at the playgrounds and listening to the tones on your detector will help you with other finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread