My Big Silvers...

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are my largest silver finds to date. One 1922 Peace silver dollar, One 1903 Barber half, two Walking Liberty half 1929 and 1943, one 1949 Franklin half. I learned a HUGE lesson in digging up my first big silver (the 1943 WL). When I first started detecting I was using a screwdriver to "pop" coins out of the ground. Well...I stuck the screwdriver right in the middle of the coin and put a huge divet right into the face of it. Ouch! I'm way careful now...because you never know exactly what it is! I found a third WL Half, and was exited about it until I found a loop on the back of it. Someone was using it as a huge button? I ruined it trying to melt the loop off of it and ended up selling it as scrap silver. I'm still looking for that elusive "Seated" big silver...no luck yet. big silver.jpg

Upvote 3
OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Scott,

I have been detecting since 1996, and these are my best "big" finds so far. Lots and lots of silver quarters & dimes...but there's nothing like pulling one of these huge chunks of silver out of the ground!

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Funny I did the exact same thing starting out. Lesson learned. Still lookin for my silver dollar. Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions