Some of my best old finds from a special area near to my heart!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gran's area holds a lots of great childhood memories for me. Some of these include the "Johnny Appleseed" tree which made her apple pies famous to swinging in the old tire swing from the large oak tree (which still is standing yet today). I recall Gran's liking for metal detecting she didn't mind my digging up every signal my Bounty Hunter B.F.O. signaled on in that old yard. Some other family members made a few comments but she didn't change her mind. Even though the yard looked like a herd of rooting pigs had been through, truth be told none of the dig spots were over two inches deep but the whole yard was dug up some :laughing7: Found several Indian Head pennies I probably got my first one ever there. Here and now 40 years later some of my favorite finds of lately have come from her area 8-) Will share a few of them here.

My first and only big caliber monster bullet (lost in a house fire)
5_17_2012 platypusfirstgood find.JPG

My first Double sided Axe head:
4_10_2012 @grans 1st dbl sided axe.JPG

A brooch perhaps, still nice item:
6_01_2012 front gfarmyard.JPG

The shield nickel in the center cam from Gran's area and so did the complete Schrader valve assembly also. Gran's area was the first spot I went too with the W.O.T. coil (click picture to magnify).
WOT15 recent finds.JPG 4_14_2013 sheild nickel only.JPG

A Campaign medal: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/350160-coin-like-item-need-id-help-please.html
talced object.JPG

And last but not the least my oldest coin to date was recently found out there too :treasurechest: 600 to 1000 years old. I mistakenly thought there was nothing on the reverse of the coin but found there was the symbols were quite worn and so very hard to see. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/358832-coin-id-please.html My speculation is that it was probably part of some decorated item imported from Asia. The burned mercury is also from that area, also the only silver coin I have found yet from there, my grandma and grandpa were just a family that got by and enjoyed life and had four kids to raise in the depression era.
6_09_2013 grannys yard pt2.JPG 6_09_2013 grannys yard pt2 reverse.JPG

Hope you all enjoyed this posting 8-)
CARM

Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
work tag possible family connection

The old number 10 tag. Found this in an old posting had forgotten about it. It is a cool find also. According to family history my Great- Uncle ran a small private coal mine. My dad worked there a short time before going off to WWII. This could have possibly been one of his work tags. tag from grans area.JPG

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Updated another first from Gran's area !

Got my first mainly intact bell ever from Gran's area here it is :treasurechest:

06_22_2013 bell n buckle grans.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread