Some of my best silver from my first year detecting (a few Buffs and Vs too!)

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
I found someone that sells custom made cases for a VERY fair price (the one pictured is <$20)
So I am displaying some of my nicer finds from my first year detecting rather than stapling them in flips.
Pictured are several Seated dimes, the two SLQ's I dug, all my silver halfs from 2006, an 1879 Morgan, my better date Buffalos (two 1913 type 1s and a few others) My oldest Mercs and the three Barber dimes I found and a couple V's.
Hope you enjoy...this is hanging on the wall in my office at work. When I fill the other two cases I'll add those pics.

HH all

Attachments

• 2-3-07hunt 001.jpg
    2-3-07hunt 001.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 641
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Here's the two other cases I have so far (may get a few more for war nickles,tokens and relics, old buckles, etc)

The rest of my silver dimes for my first year. Key dates wre in the first pic with the Morgan. Anytime I had repeat years, I showed the reverse of that coin.
headcut 002.jpg
headcut 003.jpg
My silver Washingtons for my first year and most of the Buffalo nickles (aside from the better dates in the first case)
headcut 001.jpg

Wheezy

Dec 21, 2006
Jacksonville Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Prizm V
Those cases are awesome! They really add to showing off your finds. Is it possible to obtain those via the internet? I'd be interested in a couple of the little ones. I really like the brass corners he uses. Gives them an "antique" look. And those are great finds by the way. :)

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
PM me folks and I'll hook you up with the seller's email and paypal info.

Two of these arrived with broken glass and the seller sent replacement practically overnight!

Thanks for the compliments. I think I did well for a beginner ;D

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Well beyond "doing well" Danimal.....Excellent!
Ive started using display cases as well.Seems a shame to find cool stuff and then tuck it away in a box or binder.....Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread