Team Tesoro De Christo / Victorio Peak

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Many of you have already seen the (redacted) treasure map that my father in law got from a family member (see below). There has been a substantial discussion on this map recently at http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,63600.0.html. The partnership that is claiming these hidden caches will be publishing an ad in the Las Cruces and El Paso papers substantially like the ad below the map. We have reserved the Executive Boardroom of the Camino Real Hotel in El Paso TX for Saturday, March 17th. We have several team members that have committed and have been approved by the other partners.
map.jpg
victorio peak - tesoro de christo sm.jpg
map.jpg

Attachments

• TesoroAd 2.2.jpg
    TesoroAd 2.2.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 5,067
Upvote 0

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B,

I'm confused as well!

I thought I knew as much about the Peralta Stones as anybody, but I'll be damned if I can remember ANY English words anywhere on the Stone maps!

Please help me with this one. You state that the Stone Maps (Peralta Stones) are written half in English, and half in Spanish. I can't for the life of me, find a single word engraved in English on either side of any of the four stones!

horsemapbis2.jpg

withchmapa1px4.jpg

Best,

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks B

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Update - Team Tesoro De Christo / Victorio Peak

I am writing to report the results of our meeting on Saturday. The bottom line is that we were very happy with the response, and the event.

First the response - we had approximately a dozen people in attendance, although there were another dozen who wanted to be there but couldn't make it for one reason or another. We were happy with the turnout, especially given the fact that we had never met any of them before. We were particularly happy that members of the Ova Noss family were in attendance and offered to share their extensive research. Included in the group is an author who is working on what can be expected to be the authoritative account of the treasure, including the government players involved. He is willing to name names when the time comes, so keep your eyes open for his book - it promises to be quite revealing. We also had some current and former WSMR insiders in attendance - very valuable members of the team because of their connections.

Second, the event. We kicked off our meeting promptly at 1:00. May father in law, Art, welcomed everyone and spoke for about twenty minutes about the origin of the map, his experiences at White Sands Missile Range, and his research on the treasure and the map. After this introduction, I presented a slide show that included the history of the legend surrounding the gold and possible theories as to its origin.

After a break, we resumed with my alternate real estate investment strategy. Part of the problem with a Treasure Hunting venture is that you normally incur losses in years 1-3. This gives rise to so-called "passive activity loss" rules, and the probable result for most investors is that they would lose the ability to take a deduction for these losses. My plan includes some passive activity (rental real estate) income that would be offset by the losses and would thereby result in no income tax.

In addition to that passive activity income, there would also be capital gains tax on the increase in value of the real estate investment. Using a two-pronged strategy involving §1031 tax deferred exchanges with §121 tax exempt gain, I detailed a plan which would balance the speculative risk of the treasure hunt and provide tax free income.

The bottom line is that we had a good discussion and a good time. We had two friends that contributed funds to help offset the cost of the event (thanks Jack and Gregory), and each of them walked away with a piece of original Southwestern artwork that is, in my opinion, worth quite a bit more that the donations we received. We did not solicit investments at this meeting for two reasons. First, we are not con artists. Ironically, there was a Multi-Level-Marketing (MLM) group meeting going on right down the hall from us that day (MLM's are frequently referred to as "pyramid schemes" and are generally considered to be scams by persons in the know). Second, we do not need treasure hunting funds right now, although we do still need donations to cover the costs that we have incurred (the cost of the boardroom, advertisements, etc.).

We are planning another meeting for May or June, and the first treasure hunting expedition has been tentatively planned for October. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in participating in our group. As always, first come first served.

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Just a brief comment on the discussion regarding "Camino Real" in the map. I think it is possible to put way too much effort into issues that are insignificant. We know from the oral history accompanying the map that the reference is to the old Santa Fe Trail.

There seems to be a lot of consternation over the origin of the map. As I previously explained in another post, (http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,63600.0.html), this is NOT the original map. It is a copied version that was typewritten because the original was too frail to survive. Remember, the original letter was written in 1909.

Further, the translation of the spanish is not guaranteed to be exact; rather it attempts to translate the spanish to the english equivalent of what was intended by the spanish speaking author almost a century ago. One must remember that language changes over time. If you were to have a conversation with someone from 1909, you would find that their accent and phraseology was quite different from yours, even though both of you were speaking English - sort of like the difference betwen UK and US English.

Additionally, one must remember that the translator is not giving his strict translation of the spanish original, but rather he offers a sort of informed interpretation based on many conversations with the author of the letter.

Is it a fake? Could be. I don't know whether it is or not. Nobody knows. Anyone who claims to know is simply expressing their opinion (for what it's worth), which is their right.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting post - I enjoyed the old documents...

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Thanks NS - I'm planning to post more of them online as I receive them.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be fun to go look just for the excitment of the hunt.

But, if a mining company couldn't find anything, the army couldn't dig it out; what are a handful of guy going to do?

T

treasurejack

"20 mule loads of....(probably silver)"

Now I'm not attempting to rain on anyone's adventure, sounds very exciting, but I just did the math allowing 200 pounds of silver per mule. Roughly this would equate to about 4000 pounds, or roughly 64,000 ounces of silver, this figure then multiplied by the current market value of silver, $13.38 = $856,320.00. So just to be safe, let's throw in another few pounds per mule, call it an even $1,000,000.00.

A) What are the estimated cost involved in this venture?
B) How many investors/partners are there?
C) What is the tax liability once you retrieve it?
E) Legal fees?
F) Heavy equipment expenses? ect,ect,ect.,

Given all of this, what might actually remain once the total cost of this venture has been paid?

I guess what I'm asking is this..."If you find these 20 mule loads of silver, after all of the expenses and such, will the finding of this discovery even pay for total cost of the venture?" Just an honest question? And I really do wish you all the luck in the world. Just curious about the possible financial end of it.

T

treasurejack

mrs.oroblanco said:
TreasureJack,

That is a good question - and, if they did find it, and it was worth all that, and after all expenses, the partners get nothing - or it even costs a couple of bucks, it could STILL be worth it.

Sometimes, its just not about the money - its about the adventure, the satisfaction of investigations coming to fruition, a place in history and just a plain "I told you we could do it".

B

Don't get me wrong, I've spent my share of money on simple adventure and I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything, been worth every dime. I was just curious to know if they were going after the profit or the adventure, seeings how they were in fact trying to recruit "investors." Is it just 20 loads of silver, or is there possibly more?

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
I did the financial analysis on that silver issue as well and came to a similar conclusion. For me, the bottom line is that one should look at Treasure Hunting as a very high risk investment of time and money. We haven't accepted any investments yet because we are not set up for that. If I do decide to accept investments, I will insist that all Treasure Hunting investments be equally matched with more conservative investments such as real estate, which comes with some excellent tax benefits.

Of course, we are all familiary with Treasure Hunts that resulted in great discoveries of wealth. I would look on those as being very similar to a winning lottery ticket. The chances of success are low, but the rewards of success are very high. Like B said, you have to go into it for the fun of tracking down the legend. If you find the caches, that is just an added bonus.

T

treasurejack

TaxLawyer said:
I did the financial analysis on that silver issue as well and came to a similar conclusion. For me, the bottom line is that one should look at Treasure Hunting as a very high risk investment of time and money. We haven't accepted any investments yet because we are not set up for that. If I do decide to accept investments, I will insist that all Treasure Hunting investments be equally matched with more conservative investments such as real estate, which comes with some excellent tax benefits.

Of course, we are all familiary with Treasure Hunts that resulted in great discoveries of wealth. I would look on those as being very similar to a winning lottery ticket. The chances of success are low, but the rewards of success are very high. Like B said, you have to go into it for the fun of tracking down the legend. If you find the caches, that is just an added bonus.

Super! I was just trying to get a better feel of the over all adventure, couldn't agree with you more. Honestly, I was just trying to motivate myself to do the same sort of thing simply because, "it's in my blood to do it." In recent weeks my "practical & responsible side" has been having a very serious conflict with my "adventuresome spirit." So while it may have seemed that I was doubting the adventure, in reality I was simply doing a bit of personal research. "Be true to thy self," it's just that sometimes it requires one whale of a change! lol Good luck, and I hope he was wrong. I hope you find 20 bags of pure gold!

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
I have posted the latest document online at http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,5888.0.html for those who are interested. I also sent an unredacted copy to chong2mry, who pledged $100 per month to the Treasure Hunting venture.

I declined to accept his funds at this time because we still do not have the partnership agreement in place and I believe it would be unethical to accept his money without being able to give him something in return. To all the folks who have asked how to send in a financial contribution, I will reply to all of you as soon as possible, but we are in the middle of tax season and I am swamped. That is why no posts in the last couple of weeks. Here is a great article on a real life scammer and con artist who took victims for millions. He was sentenced yesterday. I know Judge Payne, and I would not have wanted to face his judgment.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173350544636&path=%21news&s=1045855934842

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world. In the first years, silver was a thing for the Jesuits; the metal of redemption. As the centuries advanced, a buttload, excuse me burro load of gold was the common cash and carry. Between Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Arizona and not to mention New Mexico, these boys had more gold than they knew what to do with. After the King of Spain lost his marbles through greed and turned on the Jesuit Monks, the New World became a free for all. Suddenly many numerous Kivas across these states were up for grabs. The Peraltas were already stinking rich from these vaults and the entire mine chain and tablets were just another greedy effort on their part to keep it all for themselves. Of course this is why they all ended up as coyote bait. Have fun with this one guys, you would probably be better off trying to rob a bank. Twisted

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Next meeting is late Sept / early Oct - invite only. Close to the site.

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dpthunter said:
In September of 2006 we ( www.oldcharter.com/projects.htm )performed an extensive long range geophysical study from both sides of the WSMR...THERE IS NO TREASURE ON VICTORIO PEAK...OR WSMR!!! There is however 3 MAJOR DEPOSITS WITHIN THE RANGE OF OUR INSTRUMENTS. Due to the enormous size and complexity of the site we are pursuing...we're not divulging ANYTHING...YET ;)
[/quote

How bout it. You don't need to tell anything, But, are you yet looking?

Roadquest

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry dpthunter,

But as soon as I saw that you use LRLs and MFDs, you instantly lost maximum credit.

If anyone chooses to be a believer, then that's on them.

Best of luck-Mike

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
Camino Real literally means "The Royal Way", or a more accurate description would be "The Kings' Road". A logical question would be why does would it matter if a road was a kings' road or not? Simple, my friends. Because in the old days there existed private roads, and as such, the owners could charge a toll to traverse them. And also the king could charge a toll on roads which belonged to him.

As a matter of course, marking such thoroughfares as Camino Real and so forth was akin to depicting how a modern highway would be marked today, with the exception that the roads were very likely two rut lanes, suitable only for carts, horses and pedestrians.

Also, as a matter of course, most modern major US roads in the Southwest faithfully followed the early Spanish trails. The reason behind this is also simple to understand. They didn't require the need for a survey, or the legal hassles of obtaining right of imminent domain, etc. Newer governments simply maintained and upgraded existing roads, and over time expanded them to include multiple lanes, rest areas, etc.

Also, as a matter of course, the Spaniards did not blaze any trails, either. They merely followed existing animal trails wherever they led and continued doing so, to such a point that over time the trails became widened into one lane roads, then over more time became widened into two lane affairs, and so on. And that is how most of our modern interstates came into being my friends, by simply travelling on the old Spanish trails.
Your friend;
LAMAR

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange how these things just melt away into nothingness...anyone go to that last meeting? I would be interested in hearing how this all ended. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread