Team Tesoro De Christo / Victorio Peak

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Many of you have already seen the (redacted) treasure map that my father in law got from a family member (see below). There has been a substantial discussion on this map recently at http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,63600.0.html. The partnership that is claiming these hidden caches will be publishing an ad in the Las Cruces and El Paso papers substantially like the ad below the map. We have reserved the Executive Boardroom of the Camino Real Hotel in El Paso TX for Saturday, March 17th. We have several team members that have committed and have been approved by the other partners.
map.jpg
victorio peak - tesoro de christo sm.jpg
map.jpg

Attachments

• TesoroAd 2.2.jpg
    TesoroAd 2.2.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 5,067
Upvote 0
OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Re: Team Tesoro De Christo / Victorio Peak - Update

I definitely have a new "best find". I just got a whole stack of documents over the fax machine from my father in law. They are awesome! Original Army documents from White Sands Missile Range that document in detail the activities and events that took place around Victorio Peak. I am posting one page of a journal that details the chronology of events and proves once and for all that there was a Captain Fiege and that General Shinkle, the Commanding General of the base went with him to the site.

These documents look exactly like the original files that I saw as a JAG officer on the base - some appear identical which proves to me that they are genuine. I am not sure how they came into the hands of my father in law, but I believe them to be legally possessed and not classified. In the interest of reducing risk of giving away our strategy or the location of the caches, I have blacked out certain portions of the document. The next page details how General Shinkle, Captain Fiege, and the rest of the party spent a considerable amount of time at the site and how their activities were abruptly halted... but later resumed!

Our meeting in El Paso will allow interested parties the opportunity to examine these documents at length. One important change is the time: We will be meeting at 1:00 PM as stated in the draft advertisement displayed above (this ad appeared in the local newspapers and the thrifty nickel).

wsmr memo edited.jpg

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Another genuine government document revealing the truth about the gold and the government's failed attempts to extract it. This one involves a government agent's attempt to get permission to look for the gold. His request was viewed with great skepticism. Why let outsiders in to our good thing? It is quite thrilling to get my paws on these documents... great reading.

wsmrdoc2redctdsm.jpg

Seventytwo

Apr 4, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Many
Now I hate to be the one to burst bubbles, But it would be my oppion, from what I can read of this map. If I was translating a treasure map from Spanish to English, I would have not left the word lonely written in Spanish, The first sentence says, Finding yourself at the mountain of the LONLEY. The next sentence says, at the water that flows to the high road. Not the hi-way.
Did hi-ways even exist in 1909?
I am Not sure when wagon roads became hi-ways?
But, it would seem to me, that any treasure hunter translinting a treasure map would not make such simple mistakes on a real treasure map.
Especially when hunting a real treasure.
Treasure hunting is a tricky biz, especially when you think that to and too. Have two different meanings.
Just my take?
Seventytwo

T

treasurejack

You do the research. Test in the morning.
1) In what year did they build a wooden plank hiway near Bedford Virginia?
2) Another "hiway" from St Augustine to New Smyrna Beach,Fl. What Year?

Treasure hunting is a very tricky business. lol

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
The map was translated by the recipient of the letter. He had been involved in at length discussions with the author and thus knew a bit more about the true meaning on the words than the average bear. I agree that the translation is garbled, but in my opinion, it is an educated opinion that guided our english translation. More on that March 17th in El Paso.

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Wow - just arrived at my in-laws house and lo and behold they had even more genuine government documents from the Victorio Peak file. One of the best is attached below.
WSMR Doc 3bw.jpg

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Finally, I have found a "golden nugget" (metaphorically speaking, of course) in the files. Below, I am posting the next page of the 1961 journal. It reveals that CPT Fiege and his party DID FIND THE ENTRANCE TO THE CAVE! As you can see, it says that the party (including General Shinkle) "entered cave and tried to break through cave-in without success".

Rounding out a "greatest hits of historical treasure documents" was my next find. An actual White Sands Missile Range office of Public Affairs "Fact Sheet" (nothing of the sort, as you will see) which proclaims that "during this five day period, Fiege could not relocate the cavern entrance". Balderdash! That is the falsest falsehood I have ever heard, and believe me, as a criminal defense and prosecution attorney in my younger days, I heard plenty of 'em.

Wsmrdoc4.jpg
wsmr5.jpg

Seventytwo

Apr 4, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Many
treasurejack said:
You do the research. Test in the morning.
1) In what year did they build a wooden plank hi-way near Bedford Virginia?
2) Another "hi-way" from St Augustine to New Smyrna Beach,Fl. What Year?

Treasure hunting is a very tricky business. lol
The first hi-way in New Mexico was built in 1926. It is called route 66. Before that they only had roads and trails in the west. Except within a city or town, here they would call it a street.
Did I pass the test?

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
My father-in-law, Art, the owner of the treasure map and rightful claimant to the treasure, was so appreciative of the collective willingness to capitalize the proposed partnership that he is contributing one of his original artworks (see attached photo). We will give one raffle ticket to every donor who sent in a donation of at least $100, and at the end of our meeting, we will raffle off the piece.

Art’s work is very popular in the Southwest because of the interpretation of historical artifacts and arrowheads that evoke a simpler period in the desert that included all the richness of life’s broad tapestry. These artworks include items that Art found over a period of six decades of treasure hunting here in New Mexico. His works have sold well here, and we know the winner of the piece will be slow to part with it, even at an amount well above $100.

Remember, if you think you are on the list, make sure you have e-mailed or pm'd me confirming your attendance - space at the meeting is limited.

artdlcsm.jpg

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
No relation to the Noss' - this map is from a discovery many years before Doc Noss. I don't think the Noss claim has any validity in light of the fact that the treasure was discovered long before Noss was even born.

Regardless, I don't think the government would ever let the Noss group undertake any proper prospecting activities. My plan would take a different approach and get us onto the base with no interference for as long as it takes to fully excavate the lost caverns and find the treasure.

Noss got away with a few bars of gold, but the government was unable to get into the main cavern. The great bulk of the gold is still there, waiting to be plucked out by the rightful claimants.

indian cave drawings.jpg

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Thanks for your interest B, and yes, you are most welcome to join us. If you want to bring your photos to the meeting this Saturday in El Paso, let me know and I will put you on the list. I believe we still have a bit of room, although space is running out.

I am not worried about any Noss claims - they gave up any claims when they settled the lawsuit with the government.

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Update - Team Tesoro De Christo / Victorio Peak

My father in law and one of his partners went out today to recon the area and they had a super time. They were able to find several of the areas marked on the map and had no problem getting permission to go on the government land in order to get closer to the treasure. They took some pictures (see attached). We also did a bit of research and confirmed that there was a mine in the vicinity of the map.
close2thepeak.jpg

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
Seventytwo i think ur wrong, actually i may be, but i have a map of new mexico, i believe from the teens, it does have highways on it, one easy to point out is national hwy 13, i may be wrong dont think so tho;)

Attachments

• CIMG2211.JPG
    CIMG2211.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 4,145
  • CIMG2214.JPG
    CIMG2214.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 4,104
T

treasurejack

"Following portions of Indian trails, the Spanish laid the King's highway in 1632 -- the first land route along Florida's East Coast. In 1768, the British enlarged upon earlier work, cutting a road 30 feet wide through dense foliage. The highway began at the St. Mary's River and went to St. Augustine. Turnbull persuaded the English governor to extend the highway south to New Smyrna."

This was the first recorded "highway" in North America. "carrrtera"back then.

The Old Spanish Trail was also sometimes referred to as, "the highway to riches/gold"

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Just over 24 hours to go - looking forward to seeing everyone in El Paso.

Seventytwo

Apr 4, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Many
chong2mry said:
Seventytwo i think ur wrong, actually i may be, but i have a map of new mexico, i believe from the teens, it does have highways on it, one easy to point out is national hwy 13, i may be wrong dont think so tho;)
You are write, I already new I was wrong though. The Beale Highway was built in 1856. Which later became route 666. I had to do a lot of research of this once.
But, I lead you astray on purpose?
Because that is what is happing in the written directions on this map. If it had been translated into English? The Spanish words would have been taken out completely.
Also the words "Camino Real," Means "HIGHROAD" not "HIGHWAY?"
Again we are being lead astray by the translator.
A good example of this type of misleading is the Peralta Stones. They are written half in English and half in Spanish.
Why?
Because it adds more confusion?
I added more confusion in my first post, by just suggesting that there was not a highway at the time.
This is called misleading your target, and that is what is happing on this map!
Beware of what sounds to good to be true?
Because men have strange motaves!
Seventytwo

Seventytwo

Apr 4, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Many
This is out of the Williams Spanish dictionary.
camino m road, way; (viaje) journey; (tira larga que se pone en mesas o pisos) ( sAm) runner; a medio camino ( entre) halfway (between); camino de on the way to; camino de herradura bridle path; camino de hierro railway;camino de ruedas wagon road; camino de Santiago Way of St. James (Milky Way); camino de sirga towpath; camino de tierra dirt road; camino real highroad; camino trillado beaten path; echar camino adelante to strike out.
As you can see, highway is not in this translation.
If this map was translated into English then this mistake would not have been made. Nor. would there be Spanish words still used.
This map was written as you can now read it. It is in English with Spanish words added to through you off.
Which means it is a fake treasure map.
Seventytwo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread