Amazing find at old homesite

diggyboy

Jun 10, 2013
I was looking around a nearby town for places to detect and saw a marker with a big fence around it. I walked up to the marker and read about how the first residents of the area had lived in a house in the fenced off area in the 1700s. I took my detector out and scanned the outside of the fence. After about 15 minutes I found an ancient belt buckle with a tree root growing through it. I think it is pretty cool that it could have been worn by one of America's early settlers. The marker also had the family members names on it and how long they lived so I will try to figure out who this could have belonged to.

Attachments

• image-2207494681.jpg
    image-2207494681.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3255202976.jpg
    image-3255202976.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 1
D

Dragonscaletattoo

You may as well find out who owns it and get permission to go into the fence. Because if you're like me you will not be able to stop thinking about what could be in there lol. Especially since you got a little taste of it. Nice find =)

OP
OP
diggyboy

diggyboy

Jun 10, 2013
Ya and I found that before I got my propointer:) im going to have to check it again

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is a historic "marker", then it maybe registered on the historic societies list, and probably off limits even with some distant family members permission that had relatives from there.

OP
OP
diggyboy

diggyboy

Jun 10, 2013
No It is not a historic marker it is just a rock engraved with the families information. I respect the law and would never check by actual historical markers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions