Upvote 2

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wayyyy cool! It seems if the sand is dredged this must have been pretty deep, lost a long time ago. If so, it probably is gold even if not marked (base metal would have corroded and any plating would show). 18k is soft enough that even if it was marked it could disappear with wear. Have it tested to know for sure, but I think you've got treasure there!

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excuse the error in terminology- That type of design with the little round pieces was in an article a few years back. It stated that it was a lost art that was trying to be deciphered & replicated. It is seen in some ancient artifacts.
Nice find- I believe that you have the possibility of an (already) very old piece that was being carried a century or more ago on a ship that wrecked.

OP
OP
Vikingblood

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. That's what I found. The only jewelry I have seen that looks like it is very old I have seen some Greek and roman jewelry that is similar. Under the loupe there are hairline cracks in the loop or round part that goes over the finger and its gold colored all the way through. After finding that I girded the sand for the dredger eats to west from the hide tide mark to the dunes for two weeks and did not find a single other item.

Thanks,

Erik

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice old Ring.
I read the article mentioned above, not sure if this is how your piece was made, if it is, it is very old.
Consider posting it in 'Whatsit' to get some opinions on its age and design characteristics.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread