Ohio newbie....

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
A great detector to get started with is the Garrett ACE250. You can get them for about $225. shipped.
They are lightweight, powerful, great on batteries and capable of keeping you and your son busy for years to come.

BTW, The ACE250 is NOT a cheap toy and light enough for your 9 yr old to use for hours

P

pickaway

goodale park
or for that most parks but dont dig big holes and check you can md there.
due south of cosi off town st, there is a feild good place.
berliner park another good un.
really there are tons of places your yard or family members yards frieds etc.

cmhphoto

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2007
Tampa, FL and San Juan, PR
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab
My 9yr old used a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Ace 250. I lived in Columbus until last May. I went thru a lot of homes on the historical area near Bryden Rd. Found a lot of old clad. Also, most of the public school yards I search on the weekends.

Ace 250 has teh Target ID which may keep the kid interested unlike the BH wich is analog. I found stuff with both of them. They seam to work very well on the Columbus soil.

arb12345 said:
I have never been out on a detecting or relic hunting adventure and my nine yr old son wants to get started and I am hoping that I could get some feedback on a few questions:

1) What would be a couple of good entry level detectors to purchase?
2) Where would I start. I live in Columbus Ohio.

Thanks in advance.

elistepp

Feb 1, 2007
Born and raised in the Short North. Been to Goodale Park a million times. Live in Marengo Ohio now. Anyway, I own a Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker and just purchased a Garrett Ace 250. I personally think that the 250 would be a great machine for both of you. retty powerful for the money.

Eli

allenb

Oct 15, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Welcome!! I live in Columbus as well. I have a White's Prizm IV and it's very light I think. I went to the old blind school (now the heath dept.) with no luck on old coins but found a nice ring. Don't want to hijack the thread, but did you guys have any luck in those large old parks??
Allen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread