Most silver from one yard: no.2 yard on the best for 2013 list

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also the most wheats ever found in one yard an even 40!

yardfindsbeforesilverhalf.jpg

Yardfinds.jpg

Upvote 3

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I need a day like that.. bet that was a fun hunt...

PicsArt_1383113442014.jpg

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy Cow! How old was this site? A residence? Another great hunt for you.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was built in the 1920's and owned by the same woman since the 40's (she is 98). I was told it was boarding house at one point: just a one-story unremarkable looking place. Obviously never had been detected. I had previously detected the house right next to it and found zilch. The grandson of the lady saw me and INVITED me to detect the yard. I detected 2 days through heat, cold and a rainstorm: this was in July
Holy Cow! How old was this site? A residence? Another great hunt for you.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you hunt mostly yards. I do the same thing except they are house demolitions. Best yard was October 2012, where we got 28 silvers off the front yard, 103 wheats and over 300 coins total plus two silver rings. But the best one around here that was verified was 207 silver coins from an area about 6' across on a demo lot. Appeared someone had buried them in a tin container and the demo machine had pushed it around and scattered the iron and silver. Most of those were 30's to 64. I did get in on one dig were we had a map, 7 buried containers, all around an old 60's built house, where we found three of the 7. One was a 5 gallon glass jug filled with almost all modern nickels, pennies, clad and some silver. Next was a gallon milk jug with halves and quarters about 30% silver, and the last we dug was a gallon plastic bucket with 500 walkers and Franklin halves in it. Two other locations, found by the owners of the map, had 2 silver bags with 1000 silver quarters in each and a 2lb silver bar. About 20' away was a 6" PVC filled with quarters. We never found the last two containers.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds! I bet it was fun digging all that silver out of a 6 foot area!
Sounds like you hunt mostly yards. I do the same thing except they are house demolitions. Best yard was October 2012, where we got 28 silvers off the front yard, 103 wheats and over 300 coins total plus two silver rings. But the best one around here that was verified was 207 silver coins from an area about 6' across on a demo lot. Appeared someone had buried them in a tin container and the demo machine had pushed it around and scattered the iron and silver. Most of those were 30's to 64. I did get in on one dig were we had a map, 7 buried containers, all around an old 60's built house, where we found three of the 7. One was a 5 gallon glass jug filled with almost all modern nickels, pennies, clad and some silver. Next was a gallon milk jug with halves and quarters about 30% silver, and the last we dug was a gallon plastic bucket with 500 walkers and Franklin halves in it. Two other locations, found by the owners of the map, had 2 silver bags with 1000 silver quarters in each and a 2lb silver bar. About 20' away was a 6" PVC filled with quarters. We never found the last two containers.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what the story was on the yard with 28 silver coins in the front yard! Can't imagine getting that many out of one yard!

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a truly a great day,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread