LizLizz

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2013
San Diego Ca.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a bounty hunter gold digger not sure if it's a good detector. Always wanted to take up this hobby finally decided to. I went to Ocean Beach Ca. I find lots of bottle caps soda tabs, nails, found an old sdg&e lock and a cool bent up fork... I was begining to think I bought a wrong brand for a metal detector I was finding junk. Today I finally found a ring. Not sure if it's real looks ugly cause of the moist sand it was in. Might be fake but it was sooo much fun. Can anyone give me tips or good spots to look in Sand Diego Ca? I live in Chula Vista.

LIzz... <3

P.S sorry I am having trouble figuring out how to upload pictures...

Upvote 2

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet & the hobby.

First point I will help with, it doesn't matter what detector you buy, you need to get used to diggings LOTS of junk.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
LizLizz

LizLizz

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2013
San Diego Ca.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! i AM EXCITED ABOUT THIS HOBBY. I have time on weekends and nights. I dig up every beep I hear :) I do need to get a sand scooper. I have head phones that came with my detector those help block out other noises.

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on the East Coast so I can't help with specific spots in Southern California other than to say y'all seem to spend a lot of time on the beach and obviously you've already got started there. Any place people gather is good and the longer they've gathered in any particular spot the better chances of finding good stuff (along with trash as CRUSADER said). To get you started check out schoolyards and their sports fields (focus on fields used after school hours in pick up games while the players aren't in uniforms). Parks are often good places - again the older the better. That should get you started but these are places everyone thinks of first and are probably well hunted. Try to figure out places not open to everyone - check with friends and neighbors about scanning their yards - ask about their relatives yards. Keep using TreasureNet - there's more info here than you could ever use up. And if you can't find it here - all ya gotta do is ask. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Anitanita

Greenie
Sep 23, 2013
central Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on finding a ring! I have a Bounty Hunter and have probably found less than a dollar total, plus a matchbox car. Tons of junk, for sure. I bought mine on Amazon.com because I had a pretty big gift card balance so it was basically free. I don't know if there are any sandy parking lots near California beaches, but that's where I've found the most loose change (and nails and pull tabs and bottle caps) in Florida.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Southern California beaches are all pretty much the same. It's hit and miss as to where to go. Keep in mind, nobody wants to lose good stuff, and nobody cares about tossing junk. So you will always find lots of junk and not so much of the good stuff! Just have to keep looking. Someone somewhere has lost something they wish they had back. Maybe their bad luck will make your day, if you happen to be walking over it with your detector. To find treasure you just have to be willing to dig the trash.

As for the ring, quality is usually an indicator of value. If your ring looks crusty (like a corroded zinc penny) its probably out of a gumball machine.

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont forget to check out parks gravel pits and play towns. I spent 2 hours digging coins at the schools gravel pit.

Chuxter

Jul 29, 2013
Great job Liz! Just wait till you get a huge adrenaline rush seeing an old silver coin shining back at you from the bottom of your hole!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions